1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

Completed Critique Royalist Cavalier Ecw

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ChaosCossack, Sep 10, 2012.

1. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Hello All
    Just finished this one this weekend.
    It's a Maurice Corrie, 75mm ECW Royalist Cavalier. Painted entirely with Vallejo acrylics. The base is an old hockey trophy, dismantled and cut down.
    Thanks for looking in. This one was well out of my comfort zone and was a challenge. Any and all thoughts and comments are welcome, as always.

Cheers

Colin

IMGP0012.jpg IMGP0013.jpg IMGP0014.jpg IMGP0015.jpg IMGP0016.jpg IMGP0018.jpg

PS- The photos aren't great, hope they don't take too much away:blackeye:
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    What I can see from these pictures is good paintwork. The yellow is great.

Marc
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thanx Marc
    The jacket is supposed to be a raw tanned leather... that yellow was as close as I could get to some samples of that kind of material that I had. I hoped it come out too yellow.
    Thanks for your imput

Colin
  4. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Looks good, the dent in the armor is the seal of quality. This was done at each armor and would therefore need to be black!

Cheers

Hendryk
  5. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Excellent Colin! (y)
    Looks very nice. The armour looks very realistic. I love the groundwork, too!
    Great job overall!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Nice painting.
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Great job Colin and admire your courage to paint a subject that you are not confortable with , that already deserves credit.
    In my opinion the yellow could be a little bit less "bright" but again, i am onot an expert in this era and again the camera could play trick on us.
    The armour looks great, very real and that is something that i cannot paint,metal, you did a great job.
    Groundworks excellent as usual.

Keep up the good work my friend , what is next??
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Hendryck, Zeno, Tony and Daniel, thanks for your kind comments. It was a fun project even if I ran into somethings I'm not used to... with made it interesting.
    Next... I'm going to finally finish the Waterloo cavalry duel diorama I started before Christmas I think:facepalm: . Then I have a couple of Crimean pieces to dive into.

Colin