1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Royal/US Marine, Pekin, 1900

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by valiant, Oct 16, 2016.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,

Just some progress pics of another sculpt Im working on, depicting a US/Royal Marine during the Boxer Rebellion, 1900.

Sculpted in Miliput/Duro over a foil armature, he is based on the attached pic which shows a mixed group of RM and USMC soldiers in shirtsleeve order. I have included two types of hat to enable either nationality to be modelled, as the uniforms appear very similar in the photo!

Still much to be done, especially on the face, cap badges to be added and some rounds to be made for the cartridge belt.

Thanks for looking(y)

Attached Files:

2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Liking this a lot the RM is my choice ...you really need to get your work cast mate always really interesting story be ts

Looking forward to seeing more

Nap
    Oda and valiant like this.
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Kev - Ive got a companion planned for this one, either a Kansu Brave or a Tiger man - cant decide yet!(y)
    Oda and napoleonpeart like this.
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi again folks - Im just about to add the two cap badges to the headgear and Im in a quandry! Does anyone have any close up detail of which version of the RM badge would have been worn on the forage cap? It appears to be a flaming grenade, but could possibly be the globe - any info gratefully received, thanks!(y)
    Oda likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

This might help ..it's the Globe and laurel but with a bugle horn badge RMLI who were in Peking in 1900

Nap

image.jpeg image.jpg
    garyhiggins and valiant like this.
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice! Looking forward to the next post!!

All the best,
    Dan
    valiant likes this.
  7. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Kev - I found that pic, but when I enlarged it the image pixelated - I know which one it is, now!

Dan - Many thanks -Ive done some more work on the face and still need to make some rounds for the belt, but its progressing well, should be done for the weekend!(y)
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    No problem Steve look forward to seeing the result

Happy Nap
    valiant likes this.
  9. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi.
    Does this help ??
    [IMG]

You have to remember there are only TWO types of Marines.

One is a ROYAL Marine.
    Two is a SUB Marine.
    and they both carry the Navy :D

Mick