1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Royal Model SS Grenadier at rest

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mvonb, Nov 25, 2006.

1. mvonb Member

I have been working on this 1/35 figure as a step by step for my Vallejo Forum over the past few days. The progress is pretty self explanatory, and all the colours used are Vallejo naturally. I included a close up to show the Steilhandgrenate handle finished with burnt umber over the acrylic base coat. I will redo the highlighting on the boots as I am not happy wth them. Also when I add a filter to the trousers, they will be weathered and may get some new highlights. Most of the figure is still in the base coat and needs some weathering and chipping applying, where necessary. Thanks for looking in.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

MfG

Martin

Vallejo Forum
  2. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Ahhhhhhh, Martin this is a figure I have had on my "to do" list for quite some time. It REALLY is a nice figure! I was probably going to swap out heads with a hornet one just because......no particular reason. I see the fingers on your figure made it through the casting process....mine didn't quite make it all the way and there are a few anoying bubbles on the tips of the fingers as well. Not all together impossible to fix....just anoying. Looking forward to your progress on this figure. Looks good so far and your site as well ;) (y)

Jim Patrick
  3. mvonb Member

Jim, I drilled out the neck and have a Hornet head ready for replacement. I want the figure to be lazily looking up at a panzer commander. The hands did indeed survive the casting and postal service, although I need to fill two snall holes with CA. Royal do make a good job of sculpting interesting hands on their figures, even if their castin leaves a lot to be desired on rare occasions.

MfG

Martin
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Martin, your figure is turning out nicely and thanks for the link.

Cheers
    Roc :)
  5. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Good work so far Martin!
    keep us posted
    christos
  6. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Won't be easy with that camouflage. Good luck
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States