1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Royal Horse Artillery Officer. Stormtroopers, 120mm

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Iguazzu, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old grumbler Active Member

Albania
    Please Carl don't go on it's like listening to Arthur Scargill. Whoever he is. Actually I was joking about fees...after what you've just said I wouldn't teach you anything except manners. You're last post was appalling and yobbish. I'm off this thread, it's like being in a playground, as I said it's like being nipped to death by ducks.
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    For what it worth, I agree with grumbler to a degree. The figure's stance looks uncomfortable to my eye. I like Moz's sculpting but did not think this was one his best (the uniform and face are great though). I am not an anatomy expert so its personal opnion. Personal opinion is valid here and to express it one should not have to prove their position with anatomy figures, a CV that includes formal art training, or a proven ability to do better.

However I agree the key point is that this is not a critique or sculpting thread, it's painting ....... the key point is that no critique was requested. As there is an option to request critiques and the painter in this case did not do so....so one should respect that. It seems to me that this string has swung wildly out of control because those engaged in verbal combat are desiring the last word at all costs.

Colin
    Johan likes this.
  3. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :bored: Right, we all done now?
    Tommi
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I am.
    Carl.(y)

Attached Files:

stu and Tommi like this.
  5. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Phew, is it over, can i raise my head above the parapet? I was losing the will to live there!
    Now we can get back to our new years resolutions of being nicer to our fellow man and playing nice!!
    John
    carl reid, stu and Silversurfer like this.
  6. Waterman Active Member

If we are now down to the last words, can I ask Moz, to sculpt Arthur Scargill so those of us that don't know who he is or what he done can research and be better informed in our lives. The man is now 75, and led his troops into disaster, but all the same he was a Battler, and I am sure Old Grumbler, who asked me who he was, would enjoy all the Bloody mindlessness of the coal strike. Perhaps he could be sculpted in coal, but it would have to be done in cheap foreign imported. We could even have a policeman bashing him over the head, now that would pose a nice diorama for entry into the civilian category at Euro Militaire.
    Silversurfer likes this.
  7. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Like I said in an earlier post, I like the piece, both in terms of sculpture and painting! The composition looks ok to me, for what its worth!
    I do however find it hard to understand what motivates anyone to attack, dare I say assasinate someone elses work, just because they can! But hey thats just me!

I'm pretty sure the modelling community will make up they're own minds, and make the ulitmate judgement with they're hard earned cash!

Carl
    Wings5797, Silversurfer and housecarl like this.
  8. carl reid A Fixture

England
    I heard recently that Scargill took the NUM to court, and lost! To continue to pay the £35000 a year rent on his appartment in Belgravia London!
    Its amazing to think that all the while he was encouraging miners to strike with no pay, he was go back to his life of luxury in one of the most affulent areas in the Britain!!

Carl
  9. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bullshit.
    housecarl likes this.
  10. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    After looking long and hard at the pictures, I think Old Grumbler does have a point, but given the fact that in Victorian times severe malnourishment caused many people to be deformed even to the point of monstrosity, it could be historically accurate that some English officers in the Crimea were stunted bow-legged dwarfs ... :cautious:
    Just my 2 eurocents.
  11. old grumbler Active Member

Albania
    That's class. real class.
  12. old grumbler Active Member

Albania
    I think that Carl Reid is right, an Arthur Scargill figure is long overdue! How do you simulate the combover in putty?
  13. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The Scargill story is here: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne...ses_legal_battle_with_unun__over_London_flat/

Food for thought, if off topic. Good point about modelling the comb-over though!

Mike
  14. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :mad: Guess not then
    Tommi
    housecarl likes this.
  15. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Heads back below the parapet...possibility of snipers still out there!
  16. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I am sick of this now.

I would like to apologize to alex for this, it is a superb piece of work.

I would also like to thank moz for the way this has continued....you are one of the best in the buisness and dont deserve this .

Old grumbler I dont know who you are and I doubt you will tell us. I believe this is a very friendly and open forum and you dont seam to pocess these qualities

I have asked for this to be locked down

The figure is now possibly going to be withdrawn,,,I cant see the point in remoulding it

Sorry

Stuart
  17. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Stuart
    i know pretty much nothing about anatomy and wouldn't profess to but i know what i like and i love this figure and the sculpting and painting are superb. I havn't bought this figure yet purely due to finances but i sure hope it is still available in the future as it is one i certainly want to own. Keep up the good work and chin up
    John
  18. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    THREAD NOW LOCKED

Sick of all this crap again and the continuous stream of emails and complaints. Seems a shame to lock this one down as Alex Varela has gone out of his way to show us his exceptional painting skills on this figure in the PAINTING section of the forum only to have it turn into yet another war zone.:mad:

Sort it out guys and get back to what we are all supposed to be doing in this section, PAINTINGo_O
    Tommi
    Ben-nl and Wings5797 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.