1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Royal Horse Artillery Officer. Stormtroopers, 120mm

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Iguazzu, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    I totally agree Gra
    If you do not like a figure, make your point but please don't labour it. This is a good thread ruined for the majority of Members who like this piece.
    Cheers,
    Keith
    Helm, stu, Gra30 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

This is a painting thread, to Igazzu, lovely mate.
    Half through a dark blue and keeping it dark is hard, can I ask your highlight colour.
    Although oils I have found usually the same principle works in all.
    I normally mix a blue(depending on shade), black and burnt umber and highlight with a lighter chocolate colour to keep the dark shade. I paint on a black base for dark colours, you have a nice charcoal blue without being muddy and shadows pull the highlights away great.
    PM me if you are free, thank you
    Lovely mate and best wishes to you
    Graham

Ps best wishes Keith
    Wings5797 likes this.
  3. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Maurice has got it right. If the centre of gravity in a standing figure does not fall within the area bounded by the outer border of the feet (i.e. the area between the outer border of one foot to the outer border of the other foot) then the individual will fall over.

Mike
  4. weather wax Member

England
    fantastic this is what i love about this forum its full of talented and helpful people
    georger
  5. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A beautiful figure which is very pleasing on the eye and a fantastic painting job. I wish I had the same skills. Hats off to everyone involved in the manufacture of this lovely kit.
    I would also like to say that I am pleased that Maurices' appearance has hardly changed over the years since the photo was taken.
    Cheers
    Gordon
    MCPWilk and Helm like this.
  6. Waterman Active Member

Looking at that photo of Moz as a child, I think he is pissed as a parrot.
  7. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

WTF
    The more I read this thread the more angry I get, I know I should not but the rudeness of a certain member has got to me.
    First, this is not a critique section, SIMPLES
    Second, this is a hobby, or supposed to be and not a lesson on the human body by a self appointed expert, SIMPLES
    If ready to stand in front of the guns please have a bigger or more efficient cannon, yet to see.
    As said this is a hobby and some of us actually enjoy doing, promoting, supporting
    This had been such a negative against the painters talents at which the initial thread was posted.
    Old Grumbler may have chosen his name as a bit of fun but within the circles you have certainly lived up to it.
    Your comments could have been expressed more subtle and probably received better if less negative and more positive, on all threads.
    Now I admit my grammar is not good and hence why I left home at 16, but my biology is no better and I would expect a self appointed expert to at least have some knowledge of capitals and paragraphing.
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    It's not just me then?
    Carl.(y)
  9. old grumbler Active Member

Albania
    No ones being rude. And where does it say I'm not entitled to make a comment about a figure? Napoleonpeart,I make plenty of positive comments on other threads and the work is outstanding. As for self appointed it seems we have a couple of holier than thou self appointed moderators of the Mary Whitehouse school of self righteous busy bodies. Glass houses and all that you two old women have proven is that it's impossible to make any form of constructive critique without an ensuing childish playground ganging up on whoever has made it. I thought this might have led to some discussion about anatomy and figures not the crap that has ensued.

By the way why is GRA30 waffling on about leaving home at 16? And his ensuing pity party about grammer. What's that got to do with anatomy? It's so childish.
    Johan likes this.
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Love 15.
    Carl.:sneaky:
  11. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nobodies saying you cant have an opinion grumbler, its just seems that ever comment you make is a snipe at somebody. Be a Mexican and not a Mexicant. :sneaky:
  12. old grumbler Active Member

Albania
    No it isn't Taff, not at all, check my comments and contributions to the forum. Being a 'mexican or mexicant' isn't valid here. By commenting on an anatomical error isn't being negative or sniping. It's being positive. I'm not a self appointed anything, too many in the hobby as it is, that's low but I can see why some would say that, why can't I share my experience?. Too bad, I feel we live in a world now where people are just too sissified and can't bear anything other than sunshine and lollipops. That's apparent from the reactions to my posting. Always looking to be offended and point fingers. The sad thing is there hasn't been any sensible discussion about the original points I made.
  13. old grumbler Active Member

Albania
    OK, I'm done with this now as it's getting absolutely nowhere.
  14. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    The points you made were not backed up by any facts.
    Diagrams are good, I like them.
    Carl.

Attached Files:

15. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Was only trying to be friendly, but please yourself.
  16. Waterman Active Member

I think what Gra30 is saying is for us to excuse his grammar as he left school at 16. Had he have stayed on no doubt his education attainment in that field would have been greater. Likewise his grasp of biology, though I think anatomy would have been a better word, is limited. All relevant points as he is emphasising that he is not an expert. Now by the way Old Grumbler has developed this thread, and I defend his right to do so, but he has set himself up as an Expert, and without the qualifications other than his own personal opinions alienated a greater number of people with opposite views to his. Myself I do enjoy a good debate, and we have certainly had that here, but now I think it has run its course and getting a bit personal and even spiteful. Right Lads now let us all agree to disagree and move on, and leave it for what it is. A bloody nice figure, beautifully painted
    old grumbler and taffjones like this.
  17. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Keeping everyone sweet there mate. You a libdem per chance? :sneaky:;)
  18. Waterman Active Member

Now you really have insulted me. If you had insight to my political views, and despite my being ex service, you would probably be aghast. Now being a submariner, you would have a sense of humour no doubt, and would know that there is no difference between a Submarine, and a Royal Marine, because they both carry sailors. No nothing Liberal about me , just old and cantankerous .
    baronband likes this.
  19. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

This will be my last post on this thread in reply to Old Grumbler:

This is a hobby and a thread about painting (which I consider wonderful in this thread) so why not stop this off thread posting and appreciate the main subject of a thread whichever forum its in

.......keep the forums to what they are titled ........ stop this off topic posting which seems to be happening more and more recently .....I enjoy my modelling and the individual forums.

Nap
  20. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Haha well played sir. By the way do you know what marine actually stands for?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.