1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Royal Horse Artillery 1815

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by thor14, Jul 13, 2015.

1. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

I agree very nice but the sword slings should be longer, If you can imagine putting /placing your left arm at a relaxed attention with your wrist at right angles the top of the hilt should nestle in the palm, I believe the slings should also be attached to the belt at two locations one as shown and the second towards the rear.

Mick
    Mat Lambert and martin tabony like this.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant sculpt.(y)
  5. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent figure , real action and great sculpting.
    Cheers
    Mat
  6. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the tip Mick, I'm doing something similar with Historex RHA in 54mm and needed to know this.
    Cheers
    Mat
  7. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I've no comment regarding the length of the slings. However, the slings were slung from one ring when a shoulder belt was used.
    The attached article (Airfix Magazine, 1977) by Bryan Fosten is quite a good one. The second page, top right shows the method(s) of suspension.
    RHA 01.jpg RHA 02.jpg
    Most prints, when they actually show the left side, tend to depict the shoulder belt suspension.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Mat Lambert and napoleonpeart like this.
  8. mick3272 A Fixture

Thor , Andrew.

Yes sorry, Sling lengths do need to be longer. Don't know why assumed the sword was being carried via a waist belt not a Shoulder belt. It must me my idiot tablets not having kicked in. So yes Shoulder belt as you have shown ( As per Sculpt). Waist belt as stated earlier but either way the slings need to be longer.

Mick
  9. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks to all for help and for andvices. I'm sorry, but this is my first attempt to an historical sculpt. Here some pics with changes: I'v added spurs and I've changed the sword straps.
    Is someone is interested in order to have a copy, can send to me a pm.
    Thanks again.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  10. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States