1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Royal Hesse- Darmstadt officer with colors, 1786

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Dec 16, 2014.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thank Roger, i just took a dab of it, but i added more the fast dry additive and tiny bit of oil medium plus the white spirit.
    Needless to say, i had more mediums than paint but it seems to work fine.
    I am just going trough the process of experimenting with it and see what's work.
    once it is dry, i will seal it with vallejo matt varnish so i take the glossiness of it.
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Sounds like a good plan. (y)
    MarquisMini likes this.
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

I was considering stealing my mother in law's hair air blower to speed dry the flag hehe
    billyturnip likes this.
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    After almost 4 freaking days oil dried up on the flag, i sprayed testors flat topcote and i am ready to start paiting the white cross. 20141228_133146.jpg
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    :ROFLMAO: And that is what is delaying progress on my Prussian dragoon... good isn't it? :D
    MarquisMini likes this.
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Awesome, so awesome that i already primed a other figure to add to my waitning to be taki g care and finish Army :-(
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England

That's exactly what I do Daniel and the reason why there are over a dozen figures in front of me in varying degrees of progress.
  8. hall-moye@msn.com Active Member

United-States
    I use an old crock pot to dry. I leave in there for about 1/2 hour or so.
    billyturnip and MarquisMini like this.
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

That sounds like a great idea .
    Cheers
  10. hall-moye@msn.com Active Member

United-States
    Be sure to place a piece of paper towel in the bottom of the pot to absorb the moisture that will collect.
    oh, and turn it to low.

Chris
    billyturnip likes this.
  11. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Thanks Chris :)
  12. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    Daniel, if they have "tag sales" in your area, look for someone selling an old (but operating) crock pot, preferably one of the smaller ones. For a few bucks, you can have a dedicated figure drying system that will NOT be used for food preparation. You may have to use a wooden paint block, rather than your container, and check to see that the putty you use can be put in higher temperature situations. (I drill and pin my figures to spare wooden blocks during painting, for this purpose.) You don't want to melt the figure or the base, or get noxious fumes from the putty. But as Roger said, if you're going down the oil paint path, learning to use the crock pot to speed up the drying process is worth the effort. And I like Chris' suggestion about controlling the moisture. Don
    MarquisMini likes this.
  13. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Thanks for the tips Don, i already start looking for the crock pot, hopefuly it will be cheap and functional.
    All the best
  14. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Now the fun begins..painted the white crosses , already dried and ready to start painting the golden fleur de Lys....

Attached Files:

Martin Rohmann and billyturnip like this.
  15. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I draw the fleur de lys with german brown black, then added brass metal color with an thick consistency to give it a more stand out and 3d effect.
    They are not asimetrical, almost not same in size but nothing that could not be corrected later.
    The idea is to have all of them lay out and then correct the mistakes.
    It is not going to be perfect but as long as it fool the eyes it is fine with me.
    Cheers

Attached Files:

16. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good Daniel!

Joe
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Exactly what I was going to say. (y)
  18. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Roger and joe, tbis is going to be a pain in the butt process, but i will not give up.
    I will take my time.
    Cheers guys and a happy and healthy new year!!!
    billyturnip likes this.
  19. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Made some progress on the flag....

Attached Files:

billyturnip likes this.
  20. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Almost finished one side of the flag
    :)

Attached Files:

pgarri27 and billyturnip like this.