1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roy Hunt's Zouave bust finished!!!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sambaman, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Brad S Member

Holy S___! Mr. Jay! That looks excellent! Those fleshtones are outstanding. I kind of follow those same ideas for flesh even though I use acrylic. Cant wait to see it in the flesh some day. I think you will gather some awards in Alanta (even though I know thats not what its all about). Good Job.

On a side note. I will probably not make it to Alanta now. I am extremely bummed. Probably wont make it to another show at all for about a year or so. But will be posting my latest work soon as I am about to finish them. 1 vignette, 1 bust. If something happens, and I can make it, I will contact you.

Anyway, your work looks great. I saved a picture of the bust in my wallpaper.

Brad Spelts
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks a bunch "Brad-wich"! Sorry to hear you won't be making it to Atlanta, although I completely understand. My wife is a full time student as you may know, and I certainly know about budgets! I've been saving for almost a year to go on this trek. No worries, we'll all be around in a year to admire your work "in the flesh" when you get back out to a show. Have fun with your daughter, and get those projects posted-up, I wanna see 'em!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    wow i like him very well the golden colour is awesome.
    Big work very well.
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Stephan!

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    thanks a lot !!
    I 've got a union sergeant major waiting and I'm gonna try your mix on it.
  6. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    My pleasure Vergilius! I just hope it all made sense!

Jay H.
    OKC
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jay, Nice work on the bust. Your choice of colors worked out well.~Gary
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Gary!

Jay H.
    OKC
  9. Kyle Member

United-States
    Excellent sculpt and paint job. I am sitting here just studying the details and learning from two masters!

Thanks,

Kyle
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kyle, first of all thanks! I'm no master, but I do play one on TV! HA! Roy needs all the credit here. I know I have gone on and on here, but that is one super sculpt! Pick one up if you get a chance.

Jay H.
    OKC
  11. "Tarakaman" New Member

United-States
    Great work on the bust sambaman. Do you always use oils on your figures or do you use other mediums to (like inks or acrylics)
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Matthew,
    thanks for the kind words. Well, basically the "meat" of the piece is done in oils. I do undercoat in acrylics, and I do use some printers inks for metalics when it's called for. The undercoating in acrylics is just that, I prime with white acrylic shot through the airbrush and then give a simple, single color basecoat in an appropriate colors before I lay down the oils. I have a pic or two of this one in it's base coat laying around, I'll try to dig it up and post it soon. I hope this answers you question!

Jay H.
    OKC