1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roy Hunt Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Roy, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello guys, just to let you know Roy Hunt Miniatures have released this 54mm Mongol c.1223

[IMG]
    Roy Hunt Miniatures
    Further pictures in next post.
    All the best...Roy.
  2. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Here are 2 more pictures...sculpted by yours truly, and painted (under 'extreme duress' I might add) by my good friend Dave Maddox (Figure Mad) Thank you Dave :)
    Many thanks for taking a look..Roy.

[IMG][IMG]
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Roy. Dave even made him look cold. The Mongols have always been an interest to me along with the Native Americans.......must be the nomadic aspect.

Hats off to both of you. A real team! (y)
  4. Bart Member

Belgium
    Hi Roy,

excellent looking piece. Looks like you and Dave make a real Dream Team! ;)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Bart
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roy, Nice work. Dave did a great job painting the mongol's coat looks well worn.~Gary
  6. Arminous Member

Hi all!

I must admit this is a great piece and it's from now on in my "Wish List"!Although I cannot imagine a Mongol Warrior without a Mongolic pony and a bow,but this jacket looks really great and for a brave modeler there is much place for modifications!

Great figure Roy and Dave!
    -Kostas.
  7. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for your kind comments everyone.
    Hi Kostas..thanks especially for your observations, they are very much appreciated. I tried to keep this little guy as simple as possible with no extra weapons. So you are definately correct, there are many opportunities for modifications...he would look just great with a little mongolian pony and all his equipment stowed on the saddle...

Thanks again guys...Roy.
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Roy and Dave,

It is a must have. Pitty that it wasn't ready at Euro.
    He looks great.

marc
  9. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Hello Roy, this is a good figure, inusual and natural pose for a mongol.
    congrats.

Alex.
  10. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Roy
    Great figure! Love the coat! Nice worn-out look to it.

Taesung
  11. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Marc, Alex and Taesung, thank you guys for the very kind comments. I tried to sculpt the outer coat to look very heavy and Dave's work with the brush really carried off the effect I was striving for...a very understanding and skillful painter..

Thanks again...Roy.