1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Rooster" heraldry

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Norb Lustine, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Norb Lustine New Member

Looking for the knight sporting a rooster!

I acquired a metal mounted figure several years ago of a mounted knight with a "rooster" crest on helmet. The surcoat and horse caparison on the horse is mainly yellow. On the caparison were two roosters front and rear on each side. The figure was sculpted in Russia and is about 90mm. I have checked through a couple of sources...."The Complete Guide to Heraldry"and Osprey, Elite Series #17 "Knights At Tournament" but cannot identify this fellow. I did see a picture of this fellow in Osprey's Warrior Series #18 "Knights of Outremer" (plate J...#15a) but still do not know who he is.

If anyone has a clue who this knight is, and further, sources where I can get more data on him it would be appreciated.

Norb Lustine
  2. rdclaeps New Member

Can you post a photo of the box art or the kit?
  3. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Isn't that Sir Robin from Monty Python and the Holy Grail? A big green rooster :lol:
    If you can post a pic, maybe we can help.