1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ron Tunison Sculptures

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Len K., Apr 10, 2016.

1. Len K. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello I am knew to the forum. I have been painting miniatures for years and I think I am at the point where my work is good enough to show others. These are two Ron Tunison cold cast sculptures that I painted of Robert E. Lee on Traveller and Joshua Chamberlain on Charlemagne. Both sculptures are approximately 200mm scale and are painted in artist's oils. I am still learning how to photograph miniatures so the pics could be better the color and shading is a little washed. Honest opinions.

IMG_3685.JPG IMG_3700.JPG
    Blind Pew, stoffy01, Richie and 19 others like this.
  2. Len K. Well-Known Member

United-States
    I guess I need a little help. Not sure why the thumbnails are sideways and why you can't view the photos when you click on the thumbnails. What am I doing wrong?
  3. chailey Active Member

England
    Very well painted, lovely work on the horses.

Steve
  4. Chris Ribchester A Fixture

England
    Two very nice mounted figures, like them very much.
  5. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome to the forum Len.
    Both of your figures are very well painted.
    I viewed both by opening each in a new tab, which set them straight.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    John Bowery likes this.
  6. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    You have done an excellent job on these marvellous sculpts. The paint really highlights Tnison's sculpting mastery.
    peedee likes this.
  7. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  8. Oda A Fixture

Excellent!!
  9. maxag Active Member

Brazil
    Beautiful works. (y)
  10. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Len,

Very nice painting. You have done credit to Ron's sculpting.

It would be nice if you could bring these to display at the MFCA/APG Show this May at Valley Forge. Ron was a regular at the Show and I know people would really enjoy seeing these. I have the mounted Lee and his mounted Forrest but not the Chamberlain. I wouldn't have the guts to put paint on them though. :nailbiting:

Bob
    theBaron likes this.
  11. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Hopefully these are right ways up. If you have Photoshop or some similar program, you can control the photo orientation, reduce the memory, control the size of the photo, increase/decrease light, etc., etc. The Photoshop version I'm using is Elements 13 which came with my Canon camera.

If you are using your smart phone, there is probably some kind of photo editing software or app, but I have no idea what that might be.

Beautiful painting!!

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

housecarl and Martin64 like this.
  12. Dekiman Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to PF.
    You figures are top class.
  13. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice. I enjoyed looking at them. For constructive critique, I suggest you take them to a show where they can be seen in the "flesh". Most artists I know are willing to give honest opinions to help painters improve. Thanks for posting.
  14. Len K. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi guys thanks for the feedback Ron Tunison's works are gorgeous and to me just scream to be painted. The pics really don't do them justice maybe I should go to a show. Here are a couple more. "ADVANCE THE STANDARD" and "ROBERT E. LEE"

IMG_3695.JPG IMG_3689.JPG
    napoleonpeart, MalcC and maxag like this.
  15. Len K. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sorry still trying to load the pics properly!
  16. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Great figures and painting there, Len, well done. (y) Don't worry yourself,.....I just turn the laptop sideways!!:LOL:

Alan
  17. Magnifier Member

United-States
    Okay, so I actually did that. lol

These are beautifully painted, Len. LOVE your gray.
  18. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I fell off me chair.........
    Nice clean painting.
  19. custer760 Well-Known Member

Lovely painting,a Tribute to Rons sculpting skills.
    All the Best
    Pete
  20. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Starting with a Ron Tunison sculpt is a priveledge few of us are blessed with!

Great paintwork....looking forward to you having a go on a Remington Bronze ! ;) :) :D

Paul.