1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ron Mueck "Making the pregnant woman"

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by garyjd, Feb 22, 2007.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I know this does not concern miniature sculpture, but it can be appreciated just the same. This is the first time I've seen video of the process used by Mueck to create one of his larger than life sculptures. In addtion to the pregnant woman, other sculptures are shown as well.~Gary

WARNING: THIS VIDEO CONTAINS NUDITY.

http://blip.tv/file/94203
  2. geaugan Member

United-States
    Spooky, creepy and totally cool.
  3. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    WAAAAAOOOW
    that one is indeed a crazy man ..... BRAVISSIMO a true artist
    Thanks Gary ...in order to have shown it.
    SALUTI MAB ;)
  4. Einion Well-Known Member

Thanks for finding that and posting the link Gary, was very curious to see how he worked. Man, can he sculpt or what?! It probably doesn't really get any better than this in terms of realism; I feel like throwing out my putty and giving away my tools...

The documentary itself is good too, which certainly helps it to be worth watching through.

Einion
  5. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Spooky, creepy and totally cool.....

That is an interesting description. It also points up the success of the artistic vision. This does what all good art should do: it invites us to look outside of our normal mode of experience. It allows us to look at our human-ness as an outsider and detached from our experience of each other as living beings, while pardoxically experiencing that human-ness, intimately.

Sort of like looking through a window into another reality and discovering that the "other" reality is our own......

Yep!! Totally cool!

Mike
  6. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the link Gary. I really enjoyed watching that, an absolutely beautiful piece of video.

Roy.
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I found pictures of this piece by Mueck of a couple spooning. I guess he does miniatures after all. Hey, he even owns an opti-visor.~Gary

Attached Files:

8. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Unbeleivable..!!

Thanks again.

Roy.
  9. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Thank you very much for this link Gary !!!

I enjoyed wathing it very much !!! Unbelievable what this man is able to create with his eyes and his hands...

....but his armatures like ours... LOL !!!

I take my head of this artist !!!
  10. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Gary, thanks for the video. Watching the creation of The Pregnant Woman was an inspiring experience. ..And the babies - just amazing! Gave me a whole new perspective on what we do.
  11. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    What a talent

Frank
  12. Fulix New Member

Brazil
    Gary, you rock! Thanks a lot for the link!

Cheers.
  13. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    I hope he doesn't come to our show. We won't stand a change!
  14. Marijn Van Gils New Member

Quote: "I hope he doesn't come to our show. We won't stand a change!"

... and there won't be any space left for the rest! :)

Thanks for posting Gary! Very inspirational indeed. I hope I'll get the chance to see an exhibition by him sometime.

Best wishes,

Marijn
  15. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Maybe we should invite him next year?
  16. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Is it just me, but wouldn't Ron make a great guest speaker at a World Expo or another figure show?
  17. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    We certainly can learn from this guy