1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Romeo Tavern

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Gary D, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Hi, I finally finished the other figures. Any feedback would be appreciated. Sorry for the quality of the pics...

Gary :D

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I love your scene Gary. I have the figures and the tavern......but haven't had the time. I hope you don't mind that I took your photos and cut down some of the light so I could better see the shading of the figures.

tavern 1.JPG

tavern 2.JPG

Now if you object, I can remove my photos. You've done an excellent job with the figures and with the textures and colors of the tavern. Beautiful. Would love to see more photos from different angles.
  3. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Nice work Gary! I was thinking of coming down to Calgary for the RMMC show. Any chance I'd get to see this in person?
  4. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    This looks like a very nice scene Gary. Pity your photos have washed out your colours.

David
  5. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Thanks fellas for the quick feedback.
    Glen, I hope to see you at the spring show. It is in Nanton at the air museum this year where there will be alot of things going on in the town. Check out RMMC's website for more info. I will be bringing the tavern and a couple of other kits
    Guy, thanks for the help. I have posted more pics from different angles.
    David, I hope these turn out better....

Thanks again. If anyone has suggestions to improve I am all ears.

Gary :)

Attached Files:

6. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    and a couple of more....

Gary

Attached Files:

7. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    Hi Gary,

Beautiful looking diorama and figures. I go to RMMC every year and this one will be no exception, so I'm looking forward to seeing this in real life. I'm hoping to bring a figure again this year. although A/C do tend to win out when time gets short.

Brent Fordham
    Camrose
  8. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Hi Brent. It will be a pleasure to meet you. It will be nice to meet you and Glenn and see your work down in Nanton! There doesn't seem to be many of us from Alberta. Too bad we are so far apart...;)

Gary
  9. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gary, very nicley painted figures and tavern, you have put a lot of work into this, I know because like Guy I have the figures and the tavern but not the time.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  10. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Nicely done Gary, I know the Pegaso Francois l'Olannais and the Romeo Quarter master, but what kit is the other figure. I had planned a dio similar to this as well.
    Ben
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    The picture's don't do justice to your work. I think you did some great job.

Marc
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
  13. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Marc, will look it up.
    Ben
  14. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gary, this is well done. Quite a project and it pays off. Someone needs to do a bartender for this scene, wouldn't it just top it off to have the hapless bartender behind the bar yelling at these two to "take it outside!" Fun piece.

Jay H.
    OKc
  15. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Thanks for comments gents.
    Marc, you are right about the pics. It really does look better in life.
    Jay, I agree completely. I thought about a bartender all through the project as there is lots of room for him behind the bar and it seems like too empty a space.

Gary
  16. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Gary,
    Looks very good and quite a project. I also have the scene and have only thought about starting it.:(
    Cheers
    John