1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Romeo Models - April releases

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Graywolf, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Graywolf Active Member

Turkey
    Artillery 1st Lieutenant – Deutsches Afrika Corps – 1941/42
    Item ID : RM-90-019
    Size : 90 mm
    Material : White metal
    Sculpted by Paul Deheleanu
    Painted by Danilo Cartacci
    [IMG]

English Grenadier – 18 th Foot Regiment– 1751
    Item ID : RM-75-013
    Size : 75 mm
    Sculpted by Maurizio Bruno
    Painted by Danilo Cartacci
    [IMG]

Albanian Chieftain early 19th C.
    Item ID : RM-54-102
    Size : 54 mm
    Sculpted by Gianni La Rocca
    Painted by Francesco Sapienza
    [IMG]

I hope you like them...
    tbolt7, kaz6120, Merkava and 21 others like this.
  2. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great releases, especially the first two.

Marcel.
  3. gm_iluvatar Member

United-States
    The first piece is really nice, even if the scale 90 does not belong to me, incredible sculpture and painting of the grenadier, but I must say that the third (Albanian Chieftain) moves my desire of "compulsive purchase"!
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The grenadier is a beautiful figure. It is not an English but a British or more accurately, Irish, grenadier! In 1751 the 18th Foot was known as "the 18th (The Royal Irish) Regiment of Foot".
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    All are really nice and tempting, but the grenadier is a must have.
  6. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    I also think the Grenadier is an outstanding piece.
    I don't think the 18th served in North America during our French & Indian War. I wonder if the uniform details are sufficient to allow the painting of the figure as another regiment? Uniform experts - are there any aspects of an 1751 uniform that are inappropriate for the 1755-62 period?
    The urge to paint this figure as a North American regiment, and combine it with the red-coated Indian from last month, or as part of an F&I display, might be too strong to resist!
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    My thought exactly; though since I have been really enjoying collecting and painting 75mm 18th C subjects over the last couple of years, I will add this one to the grey army regardless.
  8. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow, Wow and Wow! What an excellent threesome (y)
    Thank you for posting Engin :)

Excellent work Paul Deheleanu, Danilo Cartacci, Maurizio Bruno, Gianni La Rocca, Francesco Sapienza !
  9. TURKOGLU Active Member

Turkey
    Engin, great pieces from ROMEO. Albanian chieftain must have.
    Thanks for sharing.............
  10. Harry New Member

Netherlands
    This figure is in the uniform as sealed in the 1751 royal warrant. The same uniform was worn until the next royal warrant of 1768 prescribed some changes (for example, grenadiers after 1768 were supposed to wear bearskins instead of the old miter cap as - correctly - worn here). You'd need to change the mitre front, of course, in order to portray another unit as the designs and colours were specific to the regiment. [ETA: Some small details of lace and embellishments varied between regiments too, although the cut of the coats and waistcoats were all the same.]

It's a really great figure though. I've been humming "Some talk of Alexander...etc etc" to myself all day now already. :)
  11. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Harry, 'The Lakes of Pontchartrain' for me;) Pretty much any song from the Irish band Planxty.
    I like the Albanian but the grenadier is a must for me.....Royal Scot, maybe!!
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I find them all tree great.
    But i gonna buy the Albanian.

Marc
  13. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Beautiful new releases, all three.
  14. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'll be picking up the Grenadier for sure. The Albanian is also very nice but hasn't made my "must have" list. The Afrika Korps officer does nothing for me, but no doubt will be popular.

- Steve