1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Romeo (Italy) - News

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Martin Antonenko, May 29, 2019.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    New items from "Romeo" ...:

Title: Guerriero Navajo
    Scale: 54 mm
    White metal
    Sculptor: Gianni LaRocca
    Boxing: Andrea Terzolo
    Order number: ROM54136
    Price: € 29.50, plus shipping

[IMG]

[IMG]

--------------------------------------------

Title: Giovane Texas Ranger 1883
    White metal
    Order number: ROM54135

[IMG]

[IMG]

--------------------------------------------

Title: Veterano dei Texas Ranger 1883
    White metal
    Order number: ROM54134

[IMG]

[IMG]

------------------------------------------

Title: Guerriero dacio con falci, II secolo dC
    White metal
    Order number: ROM54133

[IMG]

From the back view of the figure is on the website of "Romeo" unfortunately (yet?) no picture.

https://www.romeomodels.com

Cheers
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pedestrian in the extreme.

Looking at the first three makes me think I've time-warped back to about 2003.

And the best of the bunch (the Dacian) even looks to have been directly (cough) "inspired by" the Medieval Forge 75mm release from about a year ago.

MEDIEVAL FORGE - Dacian Warrior (75mm).jpg

Romeo really need to up their game if they hope to compete with the likes of Mercury, Revolution, Altores et al.

- Steve
    Blind Pew, Oda, captnenglish and 3 others like this.
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Exactly what I was thinking
    Redcap likes this.
  4. Oda A Fixture

Same thoughts exactly.....

Oda.
    Redcap likes this.
  5. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Yep, reminded me of the Andrea line from 20 years ago. Nothing to get excited about
    Redcap and Oda like this.
  6. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    **signed!**

BTW: Both figures are sculpted after the same template - this one...:

[IMG]

Cheers
  7. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    These are very old fashioned.
    And I have to say that in comparison to 90% of recent releases they look relatively poor.
    I have no pleasure in saying this.

Overpriced as well. I don't think we'll be seeing much of these.

Other manufacturers will not be quaking in their boots.
    Redcap, Martin Rohmann and Babelfish like this.
  8. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I hope Pegaso and Romeo (I have loads of their figures and there are some classics in their ranges which stand the test of time) take note of these comments which are intended in a constructive manner by the membership. Pegaso especially to the figure hobby are (IMHO) what Verlinden were to the AFV genre of the hobby when they initially burst onto the scene all those years ago; i.e. they really set the benchmark standards and forced others to up their game too. In simple terms, both Pegaso /Romeo and Verlinden in their respective fields of the hobby were revolutionary as companies and were instrumental in allowing us to enjoy the superb range and quality of products that we have now.

Alas in Verlinden's case, they simply failed to move with the times, rested on their laurels and towards the end and prior to their demise it was overpriced 'so so' stuff that was really showing it's age when placed alongside its competitors products. In respect of Verlinden ....."the rest is history" as they say.

Sadly, Pegaso and Romeo, subjectively, now seem to be falling into the same 'comfort zone' trap that finished off Verlinden.

I would not presume to tell the company management how to run or develop their company or adopt their ranges but as Steve (Babelfish) said above, the Russians have raised the bar and with every release seem to create head shaking in amazement at the product - well I do - and others need to acknowledge that this is now the competition standard and what modellers expect. Were Pegaso and Romeo 'budget' brands in terms of price then many of these comments would not apply.... but they are quite the opposite at around £45.00 for a 75mm and almost £90 for a 90mm.

I love Pegaso and Romeo and have many happy memories of painting their products and I also have many still in the G.A. Sadly however, it is almost 3 years now since I last bought one of their figures whereas in that time, I have probably bought 60+ figures and almost exclusively 75mm by Russian companies and of course RP Models who are up there in the Premier League with our Russian friends. The (figure) market is awash with products in a limited field of buyers - subjectively there is now far too much choice and competition for modellers money to go around everyone - and therefore people are far more circumspect in what they buy and above all, what they find as acceptable for their money.

Come on Pegaso and Romeo - move with the times and I hope you are around for another 20 years!

Gary
  9. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Redcap is spot on. None of us should forget that for 20 odd years, Pegaso, and then Romeo, have been the benchmark of our hobby. No doubt about it, no question. The best.

For how long have we said, "...as good (or not as good) as Pegaso."? Years now. They were the standard to which everything else was compared.

But by comparison to what we can get now this stuff is starting to look old fashioned. The figures are always beautifully, expertly produced, but ....
    Redcap likes this.