1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Romanian Pilot 1944/45 - 1/32 Scale (54mm)

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by tiberius57, Aug 25, 2012.

1. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Folks!!!
    I was so excited when I received this figurine that I committed to myself on doing a review, even if it is the first one. So, if you see clumsiness along the review, now you know from where is coming.
    So, lets brake the ice:

Description: Romanian Pilot 1944/45
    Scale: 1/32 (54mm)
    Cast in resin
    Nr. of parts: 5
    Two alternative heads
    Sculpted by Mike Good

Produced by RB Productions - Ireland

This figurine is the latest piece to come from RB Productions and depicts a Romanian Pilot in 1944/45 in a relaxed posture, having a smoke. An alternative head, wearing a flying helmet is provided. The pilot is wearing a German made sheepskin jacket over the uniform.

[IMG][IMG]

[IMG][IMG]

The figure kit is 1/32nd in scale and is cast in five high quality light gray resin parts (including the alternative head). All pieces are contained in two poly zip bags together with the reference and instructions sheet.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    A close inspection of the parts show an exceptional level of sharp detail and quality of casting with only the mould blocks to remove and minimal cleanup. The cigarette is nicely sculpted together with the left hand.

View of the front and rear show the quality of detail. A close up of the heads show the expression of the face beautifully captured by Mike Good. Only the mould block needs to be removed for a perfect fit into the neck socket of the main figure.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    The instructions sheet is very detailed, presenting the reference photos depicting Romanian pilots in closing stages of WW2 as well as photos taken in the Bucharest Aviation Museum. These color pictures are presenting the uniform as well as the accessories. There are uniform color references that will assist the painter in choosing the right colors.
    There are general instructions on how to work with resin parts, also.
    A very nice put together set of instructions.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Conclusion:
    All parts are nicely cast. Sharp details and minimal cleanup is needed. Nice addition to my collection. It will be a pleasure to paint this figurine.
    Highly recommended.

Availability:

RB Productions web site: http://www.radubstore.com/index.php...id=415&zenid=437d70f755c4bb7b54c7fe0fbed5fa51

The service is outstanding. I received my copy in 4 days (Canada is my home).

Cheers,
    Zeno

P.S. To Radu Brinzan - RB Productions: Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to have this figurine in my collection. I real treat. Keep up the excellent work!
    Einion, Manfred and Diegoff like this.
  2. Einion Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking the time to do the review, great to see how much you get in the pack.

Einion
  3. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Zeno,

I may be a little prejudiced here, but the instruction sheet provided by Radu exceeds pretty much anything else i have seen included as a painting and reference guide for the kit. The castings are top-notch too. I especially like the small sprues which are easily removed with little more than a pair of nippers and a knife. This is a very user friendly product.... :wideyed:(y):D

Mike
    crf likes this.
  4. Is a very beatiful figure...i painting this for exposition of Alba Julia 24 and 25 november 2012 to my friends of AMA (i am to AMB Brescia an italian club of modeler). Radu is a gentelman!!!!!
    Alberto