1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Roman Vexillifer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mariner, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    Just a few touchups left on this figure from Pegaso, a really enjoyable one to paint. I need to practice the lettering more, but did my best. Oils, and acrylics. I think the metals need a deeper wash and I wanted a 'beat up' look to the shield. Comments welcome:)
    Mary

Attached Files:

jakbwrhr, Kandor8, sd0324 and 2 others like this.
  2. jknaus Active Member

Canada
    Very very nice Mary. Really like it. Another one for the want to get list.
    James
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful painting of the figure, Mary. I loke what you have done with the shield and different textures of the armor and fur. If I may make a suggestion......improve the quality of your wood base to match the quality of the figure. A good quality base can really enhance the figure. I hope I didn't step on any toes to whoever made the base.
  4. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Another piece well done. Lots of different textures and materials all well described.

I'm still in awe at how fast you complete these figures... are they starting to miss you at work yet?

What's next for you... I'm still waiting for a Napoleonic from you...;)
  5. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    No, offense taken, Guy...my hubby is trying to make me some bases and he made this one...I would never hurt his feelings, but I did order a few pro bases so he could see how to do it. Kind of a gentle hint;)
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Nicely done Mary. Each figure you do puts you a step closer to your goal.
  7. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks good Mary. I strongly suspect that the photos don't do it proper justice.

- Steve
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work Mary. Have this now for a couple of weeks in my GA and yours inspire me to start it.
    If i can make some advice for improvement: the chainmail is to silvery. You can give it a wash with burntumber, maybe black for the deep foulds. The fur could be made more interesting with some touchings of different colors of brown (earth colors). That give's more life into the fur.
    If you have to use a flash for the pictures, put a tissue in front if it to diffuse the light.
    It is very hard, and probely the cause of my comments.

Marc