1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Roman Soldier II Century AD

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tiberius57, Apr 18, 2012.

1. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    I worked this figurine in the Brutal Honesty - Critique Centre forum as a WIP and I received excellent feedback from Marc Van Megroot, Adrian Smith, Tony Dawe, Hans Traumer and Ron Tamburrini. Thank you very much for your help. It is very much appreciated.

The figurine doesn't have the shield in place due to the fact that it will be placed, together with other figurines in a small diorama.
    Thanks for having a look... all comments and critiques are always welcome.
    Cheers,
    Zeno

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    crf, Steve, Paul Kernan and 7 others like this.
  2. poupi New Member

France
    Vous méritez les commentaires de nos maîtres, votre peinture est magnifique, avec des contrastes bien marqués. Encore bravo.
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Really nicely done Zeno with good contrasts-look forward to seeing the completed vignette,

Keith
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That looks great.
    Hope to see him on the base very soon.

Marc
  5. Ferris A Fixture

He turned out great Zeno! Nice colour depth and contrast.

Adrian
  6. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    He looks terrific Zeno!
    Mary
  7. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Nice work !
  8. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    the cloth really catches my attention as being very well painted. great progress.
  9. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Thank you all for the kind words.
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  10. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Excellent Zeno
    Is this from the serirs of Pegaso roman vignettes? Can't wait to see the other players in this drama
    Keep us posted

Colin
    PS Congrats on your many awards at the Guelph show... much deserved
  11. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Colin!!!:)
    This roman soldier is the first in a group of 3 figurines. I will use the group to build a Dacian War of 105-106 AD small diorama. So, more to come in the future.
    For the Guelph show - Thanks Colin ! I was completely caught by suprise. Not even heard what they announced. I was focused to admire the great figurines on the tables. Due to you and Colin Fraser I started to pay attention. Thanks guys! I was in another world. When I'm surrounded by great figurines, I loose contact with what's going on around me. Silly me!:)
  12. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Wondeful job Zeno. Sorry we didn't get more time to talk at Guelph. You've a marvellous jo on the legionary. Like Colin I look forward to seeing the rest.

Colin