1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Soldier flat

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by PJ Deluhery, Mar 6, 2007.

1. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    I have not put up any of my recent work, so here goes. All comments and criticisms welcome.

Attached Files:

2. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Nice one mate!!!! Never done a flat figure. I would like to seem more shine on the lorica segmentata tho!!! But it is personal taste!!!
  3. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Maybe a little more shine but very well done.
    What material did you use to make the tittle?
  4. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for your comments.

The title was made on a computer. I printed the text on a piece of computer paper, cut the paper a bit larger than I needed, got it wet with water, then took a pin and frayed the edges. I then washed some burnt umber acrylic paint into the frayed areas working from light towards the center to dark towards the edges. It was then mounted with white glue.

I have been concentrating on flats for the last two years or so in an effort to improve my work. I find that flats are relatively cheap, need less storage space, and there is a large number of subjects to choose from. If you have the urge, give it a try!