1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Soldier Bust

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Edson, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Edson Member

Mexico
    Hey guys , this is the Final Result for my MIG Roman Soldier Bust 1/9

Comments are welcome
    Cheers
    Ed

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

:D
    amcairns, gordy, tonydawe and 4 others like this.
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Edson, a very piece all around. Clean and precise painting. I personally would like to see a bit more in the way of depth from your metals on the helmet. And possibly a little more depth in the flesh tones as well, but over all well done!

Jay H.
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice rendition of this nice bust from Mig. The fox fur is excellent as is his mail. I do agree with Jay's comment on the metals on the helmet, a bit more contrast and it would be a show stopper.
    Ben
  4. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    yes it lacks an little bit contrasts.i am the least who should mention such things as crap painter.but some more boldness would do it credit.it looks neat clean but very pale without drama
    cheers
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice paintwork. Overall i think it needs more contrast, specially the metals looks flat.
    The Lionskin is awesome.
    Marc
  6. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice

Very crisp and clean. I agree with the others just a wee bit more contrast in the fleshtones. You can wash the metals with a burnt umber oil paint and highlight with silver. This will give them more depth. However you obviously have a very good eye and a steady hand. well done.
  7. Edson Member

Mexico
    sorry for the delay,

Thanks to all fellas for your comments and suggestions, sure I`ll keep in mind the contrast in the next time, for the metals maybe I`ll go for the wash in oils like gellso suggest, I`ll let you know what happens

Thank you very much.
    Cheers
    Ed