1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Roman Signifer bust, 1/9th scale

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Ferris A Fixture

Looking very well Tony. I like how you did the metals particulary.
    Must be great to have this nearly done after all that time.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Tony,
    I really like what you have done so far on this bust. I love the painting of the armour.

marc
  3. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Great stuff Tony. Like what you've done with the pelt and metals.
    Will be a very impressive piece when finished and based.
    Cheers
    Derek
  4. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    He is looking great Tony, very nice metals(y)
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Adrian, Marc, Derek and Andrew thanks for your comments guys.

I've been doing a lot of work on this bust over the weekend, so most of the painting is now done.:D I'm looking for a suitable base to mount him on now before I post the final pics.
  6. Foxwood Figures Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello Tony,
    This is looking really good. As Mike Wilkinson said in an earlier response, we are currently out of stock having run down stock levels pending a move to both a new home and a new workshop - should be back in production in April or May at which time they will be produced with Mike's excellent colums as stands. This not only enhances the bust, it also does away with the need for a separte support and signifcantly reduces the horrible feed blocks left over from casting.
    I have a favour to ask please Tony. We are looking for box art for this, and our other, figures - if you have any pictures of the finished article you don't mind us using then please send them to foxwoodfigures@btinternet.com
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Terry,

Thanks for your comments mate.

I'll send you some pics via email next week. I still don't have a base for the bust yet, but the bust itself is finished.:)

Please remember that I have modified the bust to make it a Signifer from the 5th Cohort of the Asturian auxillary, Pintaeus. I removed the face from the animal skin, changed it from a wolf to a lion and also replaced some of the details on the signum itself. I also left off the left arm.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

If you still want pics of my version for the box art as they are, then I'm happy for you to use them.:notworthy: