1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Roman senator

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Cristian Sartori, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Cristian Sartori Active Member

Italy
    in 54 mm from Soldiers, Roman Senator in WIP

Attached Files:

2. Dekiman Well-Known Member

So far its look great.
    Are his shoes are red color? Roman senators wear red shoes and rings that marked their status in Roman society.
  3. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice face and a good start.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  4. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Nice work on his toga and on his face.

I remember details about their footwear from Martin Rohmann's excellent project a couple of years ago. Not many wore beards, either, did they?

Prost!
    Brad
  5. Dekiman Well-Known Member

Senators wore a golden ring. Only exeptions from this rule are senators from old families (Julius,Cornelius etc). Senators from this families wore a iron ring . Iron ring represent fact that this families can track their lineage to the founding of Rome.
    About beard...
    Many busts of Roman emperors in imperial age after Octavian August have beards.
    And if someone who have power over your life,riches and family have beard...
    You will have one also...
    Sorry for my bad English
  6. Cristian Sartori Active Member

Italy
    I know that free man born free wore golden ring not only senator, the emperator wore red shoes after Diocleziano, this is connect to apollo cult.
    www.romaimpero.com
    Dekiman likes this.
  7. Dekiman Well-Known Member

Thank for the link Cristian.
    Im sure it will help me to improve my modest knowledge of Roman empire.
  8. Cristian Sartori Active Member

Italy
    Dekiman, I read in the site that only the roman magistrate wore red shoes. It is possible that same book make a mistake. For the ring I studied in university that the emperator could send the right to wear a golden ring to a slave became free, only the people born free could were the golden ring, it is the origin of the use to wear a golden ring went married
  9. Cristian Sartori Active Member

Italy
    Finaly, I ended the work.

Attached Files:

Nicolaos likes this.