1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Officer 1st A.D

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by bagijiny, Sep 18, 2008.

1. bagijiny Well-Known Member

South-Korea
    Hi all guys

I hope you like it. :)

All my best regards,

Kim.

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic painting Kim. This should do well at Euro.
  3. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kim

Very nice clean paint job, great figure I have this one in resin, look foward to seeing it at Euro if you are there.
    Tommi
  4. Hardy Guest

Thats a stunning face you have painted Kim. I really like the concept of this one. Hardy
  5. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Compliments for your painting,I like the dark effect!
    christos
  6. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Love the way this piece fades from the black and white/monochromattic groundwork into the color at the top for the focus on the face of this piece. Inspired, well done!

Jay H.
    OKC
  7. merlino Well-Known Member

Italy
    Fantastic Kim,
    very very nice work !!!
    Compliments!

Angelo from Verona.
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Kim,

What an interesting concept, almost like he's a statue coming to life.

Great painting, well done.
  9. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    I like it lot !
  10. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Kim
    Love the concept of the painting of this figure.I like to see figures that are painted differently,something i strive for with my figures,not always successful i'll admit, but you've really done a great job on this figure.Is he painted in oils?
    Vive la difference.
    Brian
  11. Robert Laclavik Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Great Idea, living past coming out of deep history. I like the leather parts, lovely skin tones, mostly arms, face is beautifuly shaded (but I like more dark hair romans:) ). But stunning shading of the tunic, simply fantastic. I should have this kit soon, and your version will be surely a big inspiration, thank for sharing.
    R.L.
  12. dannyk01 New Member

Australia
    In my opinion, you have done an AWESOME paint job, especially on the face. The idea of this model is unusual but not one bit dis- intersting at all. i love it.

Daniel
  13. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Stunning work Kim ,great concept and beautiful painting. I have this one in white metal will need to get it started.

David
  14. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Awesome painting and conception.........its like a "live statue" where you combined a rocky base with nameplate sort of engraved from the rock itself!!!! Its artistry of the FINEST level IMHO!!

Are you going to be at Euro Kim? In that case I look forward to see this beauty and meet up as well......I have to make it a point and not to miss the planeteers group photo again this time :(

Ray ;)
  15. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello

FANTASTIC!

Regards
    Pedro
  16. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Wow, that's one hell of a figure. The monochrome to color transition is a great concept. Beautifully done!

Glen
  17. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Kim,
    Excellent work. Not that i'm in love with the colors of the cloak, but sure it is something different. And i must admit it is done superbe.
    Also the crest on the helmet looks great but the colors are not as it should be, again amazinly painted.
    What i really wanted to know how you made this base....It is so wonderfull, i really really adore it. Great basework.

Marc
  18. bagijiny Well-Known Member

South-Korea
    thank you very much for all of your warm comments. :)
    I hope to write some more for questions, but I must to go to bed...so tired...
    But I can say that, I tried to use all kinds of paints, but I returned josonja's artist arcrylic paint for painting this figure.:)

Have a nice day and see you soon. :)

All my best regards,

Kim
  19. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Kim,
    Beautiful.
    Cheers and good luck at Euro.
    John
  20. Glen Active Member

United-States
    ...and another thing: is it me, or has anyone else noticed that the base, groundwork, and the lower parts of the figure look like they're lit by moonlight?

Unintentional perhaps, but a neat effect nonetheless.

Glen