1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Roman Marine Infantry from EMI

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ineluki, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Hello.
    This time I'd like to present one of my elder works. The oldest one, actually:). This is my first historical mini. I'd been painting fantasy miniatures before this one for many years, but for me it's still the beginning :)

You can judge my progress during tihs years (if there is any:D)
    Pictures were taken late at night, so they lacking a bit quality. I'll change them, if I have time.
    I'm not being excessive modest;), but I like the shield, it's my first real freehand.
    I hope you like it.

Attached Files:

redhorse, dArtagnan, Whitney and 5 others like this.
  2. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
  3. amomfaretos Active Member

Greece
    Excellent figure and painting to the shield, especially for first time, go a head you have it my friend!!!

Babis
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Awesome paintwork on the shield.
    Great

Marc
  5. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Agreed, I like the weathering as well Simon (y)
  6. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    The design of the shield is wonderful in particular.
    I think it built into a game soldier.
    Very cool.
    I congratulate completion.

Mitsutaka.
  7. Harry New Member

Netherlands
    And they're proper Roman-style dolphins too!
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Simon, excellent painting all round, I especially like the facial features and skintones and congrats on the freehand work to the shield. (y)

Cheers Ken
  9. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Aleksandros, Babis, Marc, Gordy, Mitsutaka, Harry, Ken - thank you guys for nice comments.
    Dolphins are proper design in fact. As far as I know, this was one of designs used by roman naval (marine) troops.
    The waeathering is rather heavy, but that was my intention - to represent an extremally tired, frightend soldier during a touhg fight, which is probably lost.

I'm really glad you like it.

Simon
  10. kinggeorges Active Member

France
    Hi Somin,

Very nice job.
    I always wanted to make this figure (I like his facial expression as he were saying "come and get me if you dare"). Does the figure is clean, is there a lot of seam lines, does the fitting went well etc.. ?
    Apart from that I really like the splashes you made. How did you acheive that, is it acrylic ?
    Best,
    Julien
  11. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Thank for your comment Julien.

I painted this model about two years ago, so actually I don't remember much:confused:. I belive it means there were no serious problems. The only thing I remember is a seam line across the front part of helemet. Removing it caused damage to the pattern on helmet's edge.

Besides, my figure was made by EMI. Now it's sell by Masterclass Miniatures (Deja Vu brand), so I know nothing about it's quality.

Splashes were made with use of diluted acrylic paints ("blood" splashes) and various Andrea's pigments. The technique is very simple - dip a big brush in a liquid (paint or pigment), bend the bristle, then release it.
    Then enjoy splashes all over the mini and your working place (including walls):D

Simon