1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Legatus

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by québecpainter, Jul 13, 2009.

1. québecpainter Member

Canada
    HI Guy's.

This is my version of that superbly sculpted and moulded piece by pegaso...
    A verry old kit but intemporel.... (another one).

Regard's..

Claude.

Attached Files:

2. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Looks to be very well painted even though the photos are very dark. Any chance of having some more photos.

Cheers David
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I agree with David. Although it looks great as far as painting the background blends with the armor.
  4. québecpainter Member

Canada
    New Pic's.

Hi Guy's sorry for the picture that you find to dark, i think you are right.
    Here are some new ones.

Claude.

Attached Files:

5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good work Claude.
    But i have my doubt's about the grey skincolor. It could be the pictures.

Marc
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Claude, great painting but I also agree with the previous comments regarding the background, there's too much going on. Try IMHO a pale blue or a light burgundy, so that the quality of the paintwork will be seen more.

Cheers Ken
  7. rodrigrinch Member

Mexico
    hi claude, i like your dark technique, the dark flesh, dark red, dark armour, its so dificult achive that, do you use black on your mixes?? great work
    saludos
    Rodrigo
  8. québecpainter Member

Canada
    Hi Guy's!

Thank-you so much for your comment's.

Marc: I Agree with you that on the picture the skin tone look some kind of gray in some area,but in real life this effect is verry subtle,i have added some different colors to create that effect because each time i paint a figure i try to put in my particular signature to make sure that my work will stand out from the rest, painting flesh tones that look verry common is verry easy,adding atmosphere and drama is another thing,i want my figure to stand out from the rest not look like all the rest,thank -you again.

Ken :It is the same thing for the back ground i want it to look different but i agree that there is a lot for the eye to handle. clic on one piture you will see that the whole thing change when the screen is dark. Thank-you.

Rodrigo: yes i put black in my mixes but the trick is to always mix it with some of your base color in different quantity so that the whole effect will not be to agressive, i always mix my colors a lot before applying them to the figure but remember that i use the technique ,that i call the color build up
    it will be my pleasure to answer any question that you have about my way of doeing thing's.

Thank-you all.

Claude.