1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Legatus 90mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by periklis_sale, Feb 5, 2007.

1. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    My latest figure frim Pegaso the classic 90mm Legatus, hope you like it!!!!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

more..

RomanLegatus02 smaller.jpg
  2. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    hello patrida!!!like the metals and the base too .good work !!!did you use as usual oils for all the parts of the figures?
  3. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Μιτσαρα Πατριδα, thanks for your comments. Yes as usual oils over an acrylic base coat.
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good work Perikli!
    (Tha se doume to Mai stin Athina?)
    best regards
    christos
  5. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Christos, thank you for your comments.
    Distixos meno monima agglia kai einai diskolo na koubaliso tin oikogenia kai to moro (20 minon) gia mono mia bdomada stin ellada, giati exoume skopo na kateboume argotera ton Iounio gia mpania!!!!!!!!!!!!! Krima, poli tha to ithela!!!!)
  6. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    lovely figure
  7. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    thanks vergilius
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work Peri . work some more onyour pictures lighting since it is down toning your colors
  9. periklis_sale Member

Greece
  10. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
    nice work

how you paint the armor??
  11. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Excatlon thanks for your comments.

The armour was painted with my usual technique of using acrylics and then oils. For the armour Games Workshop Dwarf Bronze was used as a base coat after two thin layers of Bestial Brown, followed by a coat of Burned Umber oil straight from the tube. The excess was removed after a couple of hours using cotton buds. After it was dry for a couple of hours slightly dry brushed the whole armour with Vallejo Gold.

Hope that helps mate!!!
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Periklis, lovely figure for sure. I really like the face, looks great coming from under the helmet. The metals are also nice in the bronze. I would like to see more highlights in the cape, could be the artistic lighting though. Nice piece over all!

Jay H.
    OKC
  13. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Sambaman thanks mate, i tried to keep the highlights a bit down this time and the artistic photos are not the best ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. chinesepegaso New Member

Is there any friend could tell me how to make the oil colour in matt, normally,I use Winsor & Newton oil colour to apply the shadow and lights.
  15. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    After i paint htem i just put the figure in the oven in very very low temperature for 20-30 mins, but i always keep an eye on it!!!!
  16. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Periklis
    compliment good Job Paint
    I like It
    MAB
  17. periklis_sale Member

Greece
  18. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    just a test for attachements!!!!

Attached Files:

19. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    another test sorry!!!!

Roman Legatus 05.jpg
  20. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Pericles, I like very much the miniature you have choose. The face expession is dramatically real, by your painting of course!