1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman infantry progress no. 3

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mongo Mel, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi,
    This one is just about finished. Just need to do the scabbard and do some work on the handle of the sword.
    You can see a few more pictures at this link...

My Webpage

Photos R22, 23, 24 & 25 are the latest ones.

As always, I'd appreciate any comments or constructive criticisms you have for me.

Thanks,
    Craig

PS: I've got a resized copy of the picture attached now. Also, I realised that the title should be "Roman cavalry" not infantry :eek:. Trying to do too mant things at once is a sure recipe for disaster (hehe).

Attached Files:

2. Pete_H New Member

Hey, that looks good! How did you do the brown on the trousers?
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Craig,

That looks wonderfull.
    I love the brown leather. In you pic's i can see you startet with Burnt Umber or Sienna ????
    But what was next. I missed that.
    Can you explain it.

Thanks for sharing.

Marc
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He's really looking great Craig. very well done.
  5. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for the fedback. I'm happy that you like it.
    I used my usual colors for painting the leather. Just not my usual (and prefered) method :) .
    I painted the leather with Mars Brown and let it dry. Yhen i applied a haevy wash of Burnt Umber and let that dry. Then I "dry brushed" it with Naples Yellow to highlight it. At this smaller scale I have some difficulty with trying to do the wet-on-wet blending that I like. So there is more of the drybrushing technique on this one and the German too.
    Thanks again,
    Craig