1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Imaginifer. 1st Century AD - Young Min Review

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    YH7004
    Roman Imaginifer, 1st Century AD
    70mm white metal + resin
    19 parts
    Sculpted by Bodi Krisztian
    Painted by Andreas Bennwik

YH7004-1.jpg

When I first saw this figure I thought, Oh well.....another Roman. Well that all changed after I opened the box upon arrival from Young. This is an awesome detailed figure that Bodi has created. The more I worked on the review process, the more I became interested in doing this figure soon. Although Andreas has done an excellent paint job, the photos do not do the figure justice.

Arriving in Young's sturdy black box with the clear plastic sleeve around the box the figure consisted of 19 total parts.

r 03.jpg

r 05.jpg

The resin fence parts and the small figure accessories came bagged separtly to ensure against loss. The resin base was tucked under the layers of foam at the bottom.

r 10.jpg r 07.jpg

r 09.jpg r 17.jpg

The head comes attached to the upper torso with the arms and Lion cape cast separtly.

r 15.jpg r 14.jpg

r 13.jpg

The lower section of the torso, hips and legs, are cast in another part. I took another photo of the bottom of the right foot to give you an idea of the detail.......on the bottom of the sandle.

[ continued in next post ]

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    r 18.jpg r 19.jpg

I wanted to show the bent right leg on the lower torso section as well as the full torso shown by dry-fitting the 2 parts together.

r 04.jpg r 06.jpg

Above we have the well detailed right and left arm.

r 08.jpg r 12.jpg

The above Lion skin cape comes in 4 sections. Well detailed and no question once you handle them as to where they fit. Excellent fur detail.

r 01.jpg r 02.jpg

On the above left we see the emptied small bag of accessories including the standard and the bust / statue.
    On the right are the sections of fence as well as the base where you can see the deep pre-drilled holes for locating the fence posts.

r 11.jpg r 16.jpg

Above we have the bust / statue and the container for the top of the standard. A brass rod comes with the kit and is inserted into the hole at the bottom of the shroud to complete the standard.

[ continued in next post ]

3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Additional box art photos:

YH7004-2.jpg YH7004-3.jpg

YH7004-4.jpg

Photos of the original Master:

YH7004-5.jpg YH7004-6.jpg

Conclusion:

An excellent kit produced by Young Miniatures. Awesome detail sculpted by Bodi with minimal seam lines and preparation needed. Highly recommended for the Roman fans.

Young Miniatures web-site
    click here

R177
  4. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    Thanks for the review, Guy.

The seams along the left side of the upper torso (along the side of the head and top of shoulder) appear pretty heavy in the photos. Are they an issue, or do they simply appear heavier than they really are in the photos?

Thanks again for the review.
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    my thoughts exactly
  6. dinovision79 Active Member

Thanks Guy for the review, the figure looks good! :) I most like the face and hands, exceptional!

Tarok, Captnenglish, looking at the figure, they simply aren't visible once assembled under the lion fur.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks a figure to have. I like the whole setting off this figure, the pose, the looks etc.
    Thanks for the revieuw.

marc
  8. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    extremely good looking figure
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Due to my lousy photography, the seam does appear worse than it actually is. There are a couple of small "Burrs" on the shoulder to remove too. I always try to show the seams and burrs / mold blocks in the photos I take.
  10. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    Thanks Guy

Thanks for responding Guy :)

I agree that for a reviewer it's always important to show the product warts and all.

IMO there's nothing worse than reading a stellar review of a product only to discover on purchasing the product that it doesn't live up to the hype. (Hope nobody has discovered that from any of my reviews on HF - if so, please let me know)

Thanks again for the review, Guy. Those seams don't look to hectic to sort out. :)
  11. Graywolf Active Member

Turkey
    Thanks for the review on this nice figure Guy. I always have great pleasure to see your detailed photos and useful observations.
    Keep safe
  12. Wyrdstone New Member

United-States
    it's a nice looking figure
    well positioned with some background detail