1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Roman General

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Apr 17, 2010.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    This is the Latorre's depiction of Russel Crowe in gladiator. A beautiful kit that many of us have painted. I did this one quite a few years ago but had it out of the cabinet to do a repair on it as it had some paint chipped off from taking it to a show, so I decided to take some photos to share. Hope you like him.
    Ben

Attached Files:

Meehan34 and michelangelo like this.
  2. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Roma Victor!

Excellent job on the painting. Looks just like him.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    At my signal, unleash hell. Excellent setting Ben.
    Carl.
  4. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    This is one of the best sculpts on Russell the General, and 54mm is almost too small a scale to capture the beast that is Russell Crowe but Latorre really pulled it off.

As for the paint job, it is quite all right.
  5. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    54mm?

Jeez in this scale it just makes the piece more impressive. Ithought it was 120mm.
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers for that Guy's. Yeah, Latorre went all out on this one, it fits together very well and is a pleasure to paint. Crowe was perfect for this role, be interesting to see how he handles Robin Hood!!!
    Ben
  7. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Having seen the trailer, we would all agree that Russel is one angry Robin. Ripley Scott has been serving up flops of late, and I don't have high hopes for a return to form.
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice Ben.
  9. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for that Tony, I know you have done one of these as well.
    Hi Michael, haven't really seen much in the way of a trailer, we'll see soon enough
    Ben
  10. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    That's a good looking figure. I like the way you painted the leathers. I have this one in my gray army which shows you how far behind I am.

Did he earn you any awards at the show?
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Briljant paintwork. I really like that fur on top of his coat.

marc
  12. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for that Marc, I was quite happy with this one too.
    Ta Mike, yeah this one recieved a gold in the Queensland (Australia) Hobby expo, there were 5 of us that did the same figure for a bit of fun, a great way to see the different painting styles from different people.
    Ben
  13. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Nice work my man,

here is another one for you.

"I'm the father of a murdered son, a husband of a murdered wife.. I'll have you in this life or the next."

Unleashing hell is pretty cool and is a line I have used.