1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Roman Centurion.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mariobusta, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi there .started this guy ten years ago then lost interest in the hobby so he sat there half finished until i saw some amazing Young Miniatures busts which got me excited about painting again so I finally got round to finishing him. centurion 0064.jpg
    mark761214, Edorta, Ferris and 2 others like this.
  2. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Some very clean lines on this guy.
    If I could offer a suggestion it would be to add more highlights and shadows to allow more depth. Running a wash of burnt sienna or black oil paint on the metals would add more to them. Also a little silver drybrushes on the round decorative parts would make them stand out more. just doing these things will add to an already impressive figure.
    The braiding looks phenomenal and as I mentioned before some outsatnding lines and detail.
    BTW I do like doppelgangers and found the sculpt of this guy to look a wee bit like Sid James of Carry on Cleopatra.
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    What an outstanding return to the hobby Neil. Doesn't look like the break did your painting skills any harm at all.

Sid James - spot on Grant
  4. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Awesome to see this finally finished Neil.

Really clean work here as per your style.
    Have you kept all your old projects?
    Would be good to share some of these with Planet members too.

Mike
  5. YellowBear Active Member

I love it. Very interesting style, give a feeling of master anime/manga paint. I definitely want to achieve this kind of style as well. Permission to copy ;)
  6. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Very nicely painted Neil, you have a very distinctive style-look forward to seeing more.

Keith
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice and clean paintwork. Indeed, there could be more contrast, but i like what you have done with this bust.
    Hope to see more of your work.

marc
  8. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Lovely clean painting style Neil on this classic bust.

Cheers David
  9. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks for all of your kind comments.I perposly wanted this bust to be very clean looking because it is such an impressive peace I wanted him to be a nice looking ornament,so wasn't concerned about him looking particularly realistic,hence no five o' clock shadow and very little wear on his uniform.