1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Centurion

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I was able to finish the eyes last night and finally get the chance to take a few photos.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Here is the armor sprayed with Floquil primer.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hello Guy,
    That's looking great. Excellent fleshtones. May I ask what you did to get the rosy cheeks? Very nice effect :)
    So, what do you think of this bust? From all of the pictures I've seen, I like how it looks. But that's no substitute for having it in your hands.
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of this one from you.
    Craig
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Craig.

The rosy cheeks is done with a dot of titanium red to the center of the cheek and then blending it outwards with a soft brush.

You all don't see me do many Roman subjects but when I saw this it was a "Gotta-have" and became worse when I got it. I put the bust right into the bench with the already several figures I had in progress. I can usually wait .........but not this time.
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, the face looks good, youre best flesh tones to date.

Keep up the good work and looking forwards to your next step.

Cheers :)
  5. elvis A Fixture

:) Ciao Guy good job ciao from Luca :) :)
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Roc and Luca. I appreciate the feedback

Here is the latest progress with the Centurion. The face and helmet is done along withthe plume. The rod the plume mounts on is drying and the cheek guards are primed and ready to paint.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The head has now been fastened to the chest and the wolf skin has been painted and drybrushed.

[IMG]

all comments and critiques are welcome.
  7. Brad S Member

Guy,

That was fast. I like this bust. You have done a wonderful job on this one. Might have to consider it for myself. What did you use for your metal?

Brad Spelts
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Brad..........I used Floquil Gun Metal followed with a black wash followed by drybrushing lightly with Floquil Old silver.

Hope this helps.
  9. Brad S Member

Guy,

Thanks. Even though I am an acrylic guy, I do own a handful of Floquil paints. They are really excellent.

Brad Spelts
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Guy,

Now that all is together i like it. When i first saw the face i thought this must be more highlighted.
    But no, it is allright when all comes together.
    Great work

Marc
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Marc. I am never happy with just a painted face until the colors around the face are done. Its hard sometimes to get it right without the rest done first but I look at other completed figures in my collection before starting to determine the flesh tone needed.
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Finally getting some paint time today I was able to finish the crest and mount to the helmet. The cheek guards will be next.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

All comments / critiques are welcome
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Guy,

Nothing more then WONDURFULL.

marc
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Marc..........I am really pleased with how he turned out.
  15. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    AWESOME paint job,Guy !!! I especially like the way the wolf pelt turned out;can you please share the "secret" on how to achieve that ? Thanks and cheers !
    Kenneth.
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Kenneth.....I appreciate the feedback. The wolf pelt was painted dark gray, given a wash of Engine black. After the wash dried there were 3 seperate dry-brushes done:
    1....medium gray all over
    2.....light gray to the highlight areas
    3.....white to the very highest points of the pelt and the edge of the pelt.

The detail is there to really bring out as you can see by the previous photos of the pelt primed.

Hope this helps
  17. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    WOW.......this a GREAT piece Guy...........

Sorry for my lateness (as usual :lol: )

Really wonderfull painting mate..........keep it up :)

Take care,

Ray ;)
  18. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nicely done Guy. I really like your metals :)
  19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Ray and Xenofon........I appreciate the feedback.
  20. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much for the wolf pelt colour mixes,Guy; I'll definitely try it out on my next "furry" subject ! Cheers !
    Kenneth.