1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Centurion bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by elvis, Oct 24, 2005.

1. elvis A Fixture

I was excited to see Luca pic and start Young's Roman Centurion bust as I recently finished mine. Here is Luca's 1st 2 photos he has sent me of this beautiful bust

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks Luca. I look forward to seeing your version come to life.
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    The eyes are great! The stare is straight ahead, fixed and symetrical, it looks good. I have to say though, maybe it's the primer on the beard, but in these pics the flesh tones look a bit "gray". He looks like he could use a bit more color, both in the flesh tones and the apples of the cheeks. His face will be buried behind the helmet and those big cheek plates, so a bit more color to bring him out from under all that wouldn't hurt. Just M2C! This is a FANTASTIC bust from Young. I look forward to seeing your finished version! ;)

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    It's very much in Luca's style but for me it is too grey and pink! Much too cold for my taste.

very well painted though.....look forward to see how he progresses
  4. elvis A Fixture

:lol: to all. dear friendS, this is only the undercoat for the face. I start to paint the face of this bustnext week. I love study the light and shadows before to start paint every facenow I try to finished the french herald for CRECY MODEL box art. this evening I will send some pics. take care LUCA :lol:
  5. diosytexas Member

England
    hi luca.'' this is only the undercoat for the face''. i love it. looks better than my finished one's. looking forward to seeing it done. dave.