1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Centurion 1/9 scale

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by fmargem, Jan 19, 2011.

1. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    Andrea Models 1/9 Roman Centurion, 50 A.D.
    Painted back during 2006. Acrylics and oils.

[IMG]

Face closeup:
    [IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

housecarl, tonydawe and gordy like this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very clean job (y)
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Nice job, you have done well with the flesh and the clothing. Even the golds are excellent. If you added a brighter metallic drybrush over the chain mail, it would make this POP even more.
    Ben
  4. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi, a great job on the skin tones,very natural looking without some of the exaggerated effects seen on so many figures-well done.

Keith
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Good work on this classic.

Marc
  6. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    Thank you all for looking and taking the time to post your comment.

Keith- I'm not saying that I do it better than anyone but sometimes I think that people really tend to exagerate a little bit on skin tones as well.

Ben - Thanks for your abservation. This kit was painted back in 2006 and the metals on the figure were polished and then received a black wash. Unfortunatelly, even after the varnish coat the white metal keeps on oxiding and looses the sheen it used to have. I'll give it a pass with some silver and see how it goes.

Thanks for looking!
    Felipe.