1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Roman Centurion, 1/8th scale bust, Andrea Miniatures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Your Roman is coming around rather nicely. It will be a real looker when done. I just know it! (y)

Joe
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Joe,

Here is another pic, slightly darker and further away from the camera so perhaps a bit less grainy.
    IMG_2464.JPG
    Ferris, Mike - The Kiwi and NickM like this.
  3. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    He's coming to life nicely, Tony. I love how you've painted his eyes and the stubble (y)
  4. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice work Tony! lovely tones and beard texture. I will keep an eye on your progress.

Regards,

Mark
  5. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Excellent paint work, a real master piece.
    Bob
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys,

Latest progress pics show the helmet and cheek guards now glued in place. The helmet was sprayed with Tamiya AS-12 and my plan now is to add a series of oil paint washes to darken and deepen the steel metallic finish. I'll then pick out some of the highlights with Vallejo Oily Steel.
    IMG_2465.JPG IMG_2466.JPG IMG_2467.JPG
    NickM, napoleonpeart and crf like this.