1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Calvalry Officer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kyle, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Kyle Member

United-States
    It's been quite a while since I have posted, as this has been a busy season at work. This is Pegaso's 75mm white metal 3rd century Officer of the Equites. A joy to paint - acrylics with printer's inks. Any comments appreciated as usual!

Cheers,

Kyle

Attached Files:

2. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Nice job Kyle. The figure is done very well and looks great in person. It was a pleasure to meet you last weekend and see all of your latest works. Good job and hope to keep in touch.
    Scott
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Really nice job Kyle.
    It looks not a easy job. But you finished it very well.
    Good work.

marc
  4. Kyle Member

United-States
    Scott--great to meet you in Stewartville, and thanks for the kind comments. Really enjoyed seeing your work in person. Very impressive! Hope to make it to next month's meeting (was in Denver on biz Friday).

Marc--thanks for your gracious comment. It was not an easy figure, but I keep learning!

Cheers,
    kyle
  5. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Very nice work.
    Rafa
  6. vergilius New Member

Belgium
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Kyle. Each figure you do gets better and better. Whats next on your bench?
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nicely done Kyle! I like the blue on the helmet, it's a nice contrasting color that stands out to bring focus the the head and face.

Jay H
    OKC
  9. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice Kyle!
    christos
  10. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Not the easiest one to make but you did well !! Cleanand neat workand also a nice woodenbase !! Be proud my friend.
  11. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    nice work mate very clean, i like it. I still have not finished mine!!!!
  12. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    HI Kyle
    Good paint job the metal color are very nice.... compliment

MAB
  13. Kyle Member

United-States
    Rafael - Muchas gracias, mi amigo!

Virgilius - thank you for the kind words.

Guy - Up next on my bench is M Model's 54mm mounted crusader at Doryleum. My first go at a horse (gulp)!

Jay - Thank you. Your comments mean a lot. I was trying to simulate a weathered look on the blue parts of the helmet.

Christos - Thank you, friend! Not an easy figure for me, but very enjoyable.

Periklis - Fun one and very rewarding. Thank you.

Maurizio - I thank you sincerely - the metals were a treat. I added just a touch of printer's inks to the top-most points of the breast plate, just to bring it out a bit.

Thank you, again, gentlemen! Your encouraging words help motivate me further.

Cheers,

Kyle