1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman auxiliary soldier - II c- Romeo Models

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Major_Goose, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi to all friends

One more work is finished , and this will be the last for a small period as many obligations at office and for serious home works oblige me to leave the brushes aside for next weeks. I will still keep modelling bits of bases for coming projects but painitng needs bigger parts of free time to be correct so ....(at least it seems like that !!)

Its a Roman auxiliary soldier - End of II Century A.C from Romeo Models.

All painted in acrylics as usual.

Sorry for the very bad lighting in the pics,but ..there is no time for serious shooting , i am always on the run

Any comments are welcome as usual

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks for your time guys
  2. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Are you a machine?
    Good work Kosta,I like the touch of the snow.The pictures are not so good but I'm sure the painting is ok!
    take care
    christos
  3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    christo, thanks alot. The pictures are awfull indeed but i am such in a pressure that i dont spend time for this.
  4. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Costas
    Dont work to hard my friend, hard work is for painting your excellent figures!!LOL
    Love the figure what did you use for the snow almost making me shiver!
    Keep it up
    Cheers

John
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Costas,
    extremelly well painted i suppose.( I think that the picture do no justice to the painted figure).
    But knowing your work it is a stunning figure, with a rocking base.

Marc
  6. Frank-Holger Member

I love the snow effects on the figure and the base! The whole thing looks very well, great painting!!

And don´t worry about the lightning! The way you shot it looks like an image from a history book!

Frank
  7. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot guys . It surely looks better in real life, than this shinning reflected light .

snow was made like that .

Heki snow, with Valejo resin base mix with CA glue mineral filler as base , and microballoons over it
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Costas, although the photos are not too clear, I can tell you did a good job on this figure.
    your speed in painting figures amazes me.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  9. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nicely done Costas. I like the dark shield and the weapon is not one I've seen many Romans carying. Good stuff!

Jay H.
    OKC
  10. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks guys . i tried to recreate on the shield the dirt and worn out without just mudding upthe surface but by painting it . slow trying to find new ways of improving things....
  11. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Μα την Παναγία, αυτό που σου έγραψε και ο Κατσέλος θα σου έλεγα : μηχανάκι έχεις βάλει στο πινέλο και βάφεις [τελειώνεις] έτσι τα φιγουράκια ;

Παρένθεση, είδα ζωντανό και τον templar σου μπροστά από την πύλη με το λιοντάρι. πολύ ατμοσφαιρικό κομμάτι, εκπληκτικά αρμονικό και ισορρπημένο σύνολο ! Να'σαι καλά ρε Κώστα !
  12. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Do you have clearer photos? I do like the effect of the snow on the bottom part of the cloak. How did you do that?~Gary
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Costas ,
    This looks cold ...great basework ...what did you use , shame about the photos but as others have said some really nice painting ...regards Kev
  14. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi guys and thanks for commenting

@Thodoros. Thanks a lot mate

@NapoleaonpeartSnow on the base was madelike that

Heki snow, with Valejo resin base mix with CA glue mineral filler as base , and microballoons over it

@ Gary the snow efffect on the end of the cape is made with spraying carefully Talens pastel fixative and right after pouring microballons from close distance .
  15. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    I've just started with this one but I'm making a few alterations. I'm putting the figure on Hadrian's wall.
  16. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Have a good luck Patrick. Its a nice figure
  17. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi my friend this job is a very nice
    but the photo is not good .
    I like much the snow effect good the transparence in the shield :)

Saluti MAB ;)
  18. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    My friend Costas that's nicely done. Keep up the good work. :)

Xenofon
  19. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Costas, it is a real shame when I hear you say that you do not have time to shoot pics!!! :angry:

Come on, what man are you to spend all that time to paint so beautifully and then you just don't find a minute to shoot some pics which do JUSTICE to your work and which don't require us to wear SUNGLASSES to view them :lol:

Joking apart, you REALLY should give it some thought.......I mean what we're viewing here is DEFINITELY not what you have PAINTED!!! Ok all pics tend to give a slightly different view from the actual model if viewed "in the flesh" but I'd rather settle for THE SLIGHTLY different then settle for the DEFINITELY not what is being viewed by the planet!!!.........my 2c worth my friend!!

Take Care,

Ray ;)
  20. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks guys , Rej you are definatelyright , but i am true, when it comes to shooting something happens !!!!!