1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Aquilifer's Pegaso & Soldiers

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have started 2 figures, both Roman Aquilifers. One is a 54mm Soldiers and the other a Pegaso 75mm. Here they have been filed, sanded and drilled for brass pegs.

[IMG]

Here is the 75mm Pagaso Roman Aquilifer cleaned and mounted on a work base.

[IMG]

Here is the Soldiers Aquilifer torso mounted on a work base.

[IMG]

After spray priming the flesh areas are base coated with Humbrol #121 A second and final coat of Humbrol will be done tonight.

[IMG]

The Humbrol base is also applied to the smaller Soldiers figure.

[IMG]

[IMG]

All comments and critique are welcome.
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    The work continues on the 75mm Roman Aquilifier with the flesh being done and the base coat for the armor painted and a wash applied. Afterwards the armor is dry-brushed with old silver (floquil enamel). The Lion’s head was painted rust and then given a dark chocolate wash. Next the fur was dry-brushed with different shades of brown and white for the nose and edges of the cape.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    The smaller 54mm Roman Aquilifier, by Soldiers of Italy has had the flesh done and now the armor needs dry-brushing with Old Silver

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

All comments and questions gladly accepted
  4. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    The Soldiers piece is a real beauty. Another KeithP gray army member...

Guy - The scale armor looks good. Can you remind me how you do armor on your figures?

Keith
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nicely done there Guy, those 2 figures are really awesome, even if they are not my period. Keep up the good work my friend.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looking great Guy,

I thought you where already in your wintersleep ;) because pictures of new projects stay out.
    Now i see your back, And how ???? Great work.
    Looking forward to see both finished.
    I must put my hand in my own pocket because i missed the thread somewhere.
    Great work.

Marc
  7. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice work so far Guy..somehow I like the little fella better...he has some great detail for 54mm.

Thanks for the pics.

Roy.
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback guys.........I appreciate it.

Keith - .I used Floquil Gun Metal followed with a black wash followed by drybrushing lightly with Floquil Old silver.

Hope this helps
  9. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Great job so far, Guy!! I'm sure this will turn out great!
    I have allready the Pegaso figure, but now that I have seen the face of
    Your soldiers, it is itching as well to buy this one also. Good job!!
    I was a sculpting from Laruccia, not??
    Very nice!
    I will follow this till the end.
    Thanks for sharing, Guy.

Eddy
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    GREAT paint job,so far,Guy (y) (y) !!! I just LOVE the larger figure,especially the lion pelt, it looks "uber" realistic !! Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback Eddy and Kenneth. I appreciate you looking and commenting.

Although I have been sidetracked by CNN news this week and the devastation of Hurricaine Katrina I was able to make some progress with these figures.

The Large Pagaso is now attached to the base with 2 ton epoxy along with a wood screw down through the base. The weapons are being done now and will be attached as I do the groundwork around the stock base.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The small Aquilifier is about at the same stage with the weapons drying and the staff assembled and primed. Both figures will be done with light snow on the base. The brass name plate will be covered with masking tape to keep it clean and scratch free.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The cape will be lightened a little more and the sheild for each has been primed and ready for base coat. The painting of the sheild will take as long as the figure due to the freehand design that must be done.

All comments are welcome.
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    You did a great job so far Guy,
    I like the way the metallic's turn out. Great.
    What pattern do you gonna use on the shield???

Marc
  13. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    Looks great Guy. I've thoroughly enjoying following the progress of these 2 figs.

If you'll indulge me a moment with a question... What method did you follow with the white tunic of the 54mm fig? How did you paint it?

Rgds

Rudi
  14. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, nice work so far, looking forward to the shield.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc.
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback guys......I appreciate it.

Rudi - The tunic is actually painted khaki and will have another 2 dry-brushings yet to make it even lighter than it is now. The last dry-brush will be white to the very tops of the folds.
  16. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guy

Two very nice looking figures, but you realy like hard work, two at once.... :lol:

Dave
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Dave for the feedback. I actually have 6 figures in progress right now. I always have several going as you reach points where you have to let an area dry and I like to have something to work on while another dries. Bad habit I guess.....but it works for me.
  18. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    While I am working on the small weapons I have also done the groundwork with sculpta-mold and now it sits drying.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

All comments / questions are welcome
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Guy,

No comments, of critism. Looks very good.
    I have one question. Where do you get that nameplate. Done it in photoshop or whatever i really wanted to know.

Marc
  20. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Marc,
    I use only engraved brass plates that I order from Howards Trophies & Plaques in Duluth, Georgia. I haven't tried any Photoshop plates as yet.