1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Aquilifer & Officer 3rd Century AD

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Jimmy for the kind words. I am always asking Ken for more "Cliff Faced" bases and buy as many as I can afford. This type of base is hard to come by. These were made by a friend who makes bases in the Tulsa area, Ron Sanders.
  2. jim1215 Active Member

United-States
    i bought sbout 4 brown burl bases from ken for my cliff faces because i an a viking period fanatic , he did not have any in black burl for the longest time , but his sizes are only 2x2 & 3x3 which are sometmes hard for 2 figures , but his quality is just about second to none , thanks jimmy
  3. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Guy, just got in from work and spotted this stunning figure you have painted, absolutely beautiful, just love those colours, this is such a nice figure with its first rate sculpting and casting, your paint work has done it real justice, hope to have mine finished soon, looking forward to seeing it with the second figure.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Tommi. Seeing yours come together kinda motivated me to finish up mine I had started earlier.
  5. caramba Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great work, Guy!
  6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Guy,
    Nice vivid colours and great bear skin. Very nice base for the figures.
    Cheers
    John
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Marcin & John for the feedback.
  8. Aterz Active Member

Italy
    Excellent work Guy!

regards from Italy
    Andrea
  9. dinovision79 Active Member

Very well painted figure Guy! The base looks good too, will follow this thread with interest.

Thanks for sharing
    Denes
  10. olliesan Member

Netherlands
    Hello Guy,

This is a beautiful figure! I like the "toned down" colouring on this figure, it gives it a very natural and well balanced look. You´re not considering using a Roman column?

Cheers,
    Olav
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Andrea ~ Denes ~ Olav - Thanks for your feedback and comments.

Olav - I wanted these soldiers to be on campaign during the winter months. Plus I didn't think a column would look appropriate with a cliff faced base.
  12. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    nice work guy!where do you find these bases?on the internet?or in a store?
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Dim. These bases are from a friend in Tulsa who makes base for the Hussar store in Tulsa. His email address is posted in an earlier posting in this thread.