1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roma Victor conversion

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Mariner, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    I might have been a little too ambitious on this project, but decided to have a go.
    This is the project in Mr. Black's first Scale Model Handbook, the conversion of the Pegaso Roma Victor Germania by Pegaso to a soldier from the movie Gladiator. The project is by Grigoris Marmatakis.
    I think I need a little more groundwork (wasn't quite sure what else to do) and some of my highlights need boosting, but overall I was happy with how this first effort at a conversion turned out. The trousers, fur leg and arm warmers and neckerchief are sculpted from epoxy clay and he's painted in oils and acrylics.
    As always your comments are welcome.
    Mary
    PS I've got 2 bench lights and no matter what white balance setting I use, I can't seem to get better photos. Natural light wasn't much better. But the colors are very close to my paintwork.

Attached Files:

2. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    I think you have done a more than reasonable job there.

Ken
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Mary,
    If you don't mind i did some PS and this is what i came up with. Your painting and baseworks looks very good. Let the camera do the thinking.
    PS works alot better then fiddeling around in the settings. But that's my opinion.
    conv1.jpg conv5.jpg
  4. Mariner Active Member

Canada
    Thanks Marc,
    that looks much more like my model:D
  5. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Not sure about this one Mary,

I think that the background is too bright; also, the fur on the boot is a bit too rough, I cannot see where the boot finish and where the ground start...(n)
  6. Edorta A Fixture

Spain