1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Roland CII.a (Late) with some Kellerkind figures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ulrich, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Since some years I was thinking about to buy a wingsnut wings kit. Now I bought one and start with it. And because I will put some Kellerkind figures and some other things on the diorama I think I can show a little sbs here

Attached Files:

2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Nice start , looks good so far
    anstontyke and clrsgt like this.
  3. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What a fantastic start, the figures will fit in well with this. I have most of the range of the Wingnut kits and they are the best plastic kits on the market get in that scale. There are some fine examples around. I like this so far.
    Tommi
    Redcap, anstontyke and clrsgt like this.
  4. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    An excellent start to the aircraft. I do like the Wingnuts kits; best on the market for WWI aircraft.
    Red Five and anstontyke like this.
  5. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks a lot. It is my first kit and I have build my last aircraft nearly 40 years ago. Much done since that time :D but I feel that the building instructions are today still a mystery
    anstontyke and Tommi like this.
  6. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant start on the Wingnuts kit Ulrich and the addition of a few figures will give it life . I've never had the cabinet space to do a Wingnuts kits so I stay with 1/48th scale WW1 kits . There is a brilliant web site that is dedicated to WWl aircraft kits . ww1aircraft.com it's well worth a visit as Wingnuts is a very popular kit on there . I shall fallow this one(y) .
    chippy
    anstontyke likes this.
  7. Oda A Fixture

This is epic!I've been thinking of something like this for years but the sheer amount of work....I will follow this with the utmost interest.Well done indeed!

Oda.
    anstontyke likes this.
  8. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Chippy: I think that is the correct link http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.html Had a look and found very helpful things. Thanks a lot

Oda: Thanks and I will do my very best. It is a beautiful kit and I hope I do it justice.
    Oda and anstontyke like this.
  9. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Like Tommi, I have most of the range. There is everything for the figure painter to attempt in the construction of a WW1 aircraft - canvas, leather, metals, wood and any appropriate weathering. Give one a go and you (will) be hooked!

Gary
    anstontyke, Tommi and napoleonpeart like this.
  10. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent start Ulrich and look forward to seeing this progress. I built this kit earlier this year and you will have no fit or finish problems anywhere. It's a dream to build and even a newcomer can obtain great results with this and their other kits. I built the Roland CII ('Early') version and loved every minute of it.

Cheers and look forward to seeing the progress.
    Gary
    anstontyke likes this.
  11. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Done a little bit more. The motor is ready and I had build in some detail-parts, which will vanished after I close the airplane. I have give up to make some cable on the spark plugs because I tried it and destroy two of them
    The MG is not ready and needs some paint

Attached Files:

12. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great work Ulrich, following.
    Ken
    anstontyke likes this.
  13. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Still not ready, but ... Now I had build a bird cage for the observer MG and the base. The "Feldwebel" will look at the end very strange on the whole scene

Attached Files:

14. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Excellent work

Mobo
    anstontyke and Oda like this.
  15. Oda A Fixture

Excellent idea and realization.

Oda.
    anstontyke likes this.
  16. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks.
    There exist on old photo showing the airplane with the curtains, the flowers and the birdcage. My idea is only using the angry "Feldwebel" and the camera for the scene

But I think I must change the curtains. I don´t like them
    Oda and anstontyke like this.