1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed "Rockin Cowgirl"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nick Majerus, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    [FONT=&quot]I like the Andrea Pin-up series and have painted a couple of them. My latest figure is the “Cowgirl”. I wanted to change how the figure was presented, but not the figure. I thought that it needed a little more animation. So I made a couple of rockers for the barrel stand. Then fastened it to the base in a back rocking motion. I also changed the colors around a little. I hope you like the changes.[/FONT]

DSCN4831 (800x750).jpg

DSCN4832 (615x800).jpg

DSCN4834 (748x800).jpg

DSCN4835 (688x800).jpg

DSCN4836 (734x800).jpg

Thanks for looking. All comments welcomed.
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Nick!

Jay H.
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Nice one, great additions to the original
    Ben
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
  5. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys, It is easy on the eyes to paint!

Nick
  6. PhilinYuma Member

United-States
    The rockers are a great improvement and greatly add to the "action' of the figure. Her legs are a little glossy, but perhaps that is because she has worked up a sweat? :)
    The left hand and wrist in the original are badly done. The hand appears large and the wrist angle is unnatural, but the rein partially covers up the fault. By changing the position of the rein to something more realistic, though, you now show the defect more clearly. Is there anyway that you can work on that?
    All in all, though, a nicely realized figure and an improvement on the original
  7. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Phillip,

I gave the whole figure acoat of Dullcoat. I think the lights give it aglossy look. I also used flat acrylic paints. I am not pleased with the left hand either but I don't like working with metal figures. If it had been resin, I would have changed it. So it will remain as is. Overall it was a fun project to do. Something differant then all the soldiers I have done.

Nick
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Lovely job Nick, like the freehand on the boots.
    Carl.(y)
  9. CJK Member

United-States
    Nick,
    Nice effort. Good animation. Hope to see it as an entry at the upcoming club show.
    Chris
  10. moore Active Member

United-States
    Hi Nick,

I love this... great addition with the rockers.
    It has improved the movement of the figure.

I would like to see this in person too.

What is your next show ?

Take care
    Dee
  11. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Carl. Chris, I will bring it to the meeting next week and the Show on Saturday. Dee, the next show will be our club show on Feb. 4th and then Chicago. I turned 69 this month and don't like the long trips anymore. See you in Chicago?

Nick
  12. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Nick,
    Nicely done and great additions.
    Cheers
    john