1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Robert The Bruce

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jim Patrick, May 31, 2004.

1. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    After watching Hardy paint his work of art, I said to myself "Self, go get that figure and see what you can do". No I dont take to talking to myself but after watch hardy's work, I couldn't help it :lol: . Anyway, I tried. No, I most certianly did not acheive what he did but it's my work none the less. Haven't started the flesh tones yet. This is the first real time I ever tried to paint armor plate so I wanted to see what I could do. Not show stopping but it's OK I guess. The yellow tunic? Well, let's just say the color yellow just moved up there with white as colors I DON"T LIKE :lol: . Anyway, tell me what you think. For all you plate painters out there, what would you have done differently? Oh yeah, the pictures.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Treat me nice, I'm a armor plate virgin :lol: .

Jim Patrick
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Don't cut your self short buddy! He is loooking really good, the yellow sure turned out nice. The plate armor is looking good to me. The only thing I would suggest might be to deepen the red of the lion a little more towards the bottom of it to show some depth to it.

Keep up the great work!
  3. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Anders. I should have mentioned this before, I just base coated the lion. My mistake. Sorry. Do you think the plate is too dark? I'm not really sure as I don't paint it.

Thanks, Jim Patrick
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Howdy Jim!

You know, I have no clue if it is to dark or not, the helmet is kinda dark, but hey, what do I know? If it looks good to you go with it, if someone gripes about it ask them to show some period pics :lol:

No seriously, I am not much of a medeival person, but Im sure others here like Augi could show you the way to go, it looks great to me.
  5. Hardy Guest

Anders is right don't sell yourself short, he's looking great. :)
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I agree........excellent work Jim
  7. Franco Active Member

Australia
    Hi Jim,

I agree with the other postings - good work my friend. My only comments are: to me the plates are looking good. Hardy also does the armour tending towards a darker shade and I like that effect. I like the grain on the back of the shield (not sure if this is completed or not). My only suggestion is to perhaps have a very deep shade worked into the yellow at the 'lowest points' - this can be done in a dark purple colour. others spot on and well done.

Franco
  8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Jim ,it's looking great.My only suggestions would be on the armour.Go for a darker shade and less shiny.Remember that period armour ahd less or no steel at all in it so it would get very dark quickly.Good job nonethe less.

Stephen Mallia
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Jim,nice work, your figure is coming along nicely.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to the finished product.

Roc. :)
  10. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I like it too. No complaints from me on the yellow. Nice work and I can't wait to see the completed fig. Pls post when you have more progress! :)

Keith