1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Robert E. Lee

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Guy, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I started this figure, Series 77, 90mm Robert E. Lee about 12 years ago. Guess it was about time I installed the wagon on the base and finished the groundwork. Oh well, I keep telling my wife I will finish all these........now I can restore her faith.

Guy (y)
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    very nice! i really like the groundwork/props!
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks gordy,
    the wagon came from an Almond kit. I never throw anything away. The Oak base is a "Ken Thomas" base. My motivation to finish was an exhibit that the HMSNEO is doing in a local Library here in Oklahoma. All good things take time! (y)

Guy
  4. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, it sounds like the display is going to look really good! I sent a few I had painted back with Mike when I saw him in Chicago. I wish I could come down and see the display before it comes down.
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hello John,

I am taking 5 pieces up to The Hussar Saturday morning. They are setting up the display on Sunday, the 19th. Maybe before they take it down you will get the chance. I had almost forgot about it until Mark sent me an email.

Guy
  6. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Nice work Guy,
    was this figure from the Americans series, by the way whatever happened to Pat Bird and series 77 is he working for someone else nowdays.

Leigh
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you Leigh,
    Yes , this is one of Pat's America Series. The last I heard about Pat and Ollie is that they had sold out to a company who set up shop in Hawaii. They then retired and I have not heard a word about then since. They are both greatly missed.

(y) Guy