1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Roaming Knight Xv 75mm Pegaso

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Aveleira, Oct 17, 2012.

1. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    I like it a lot, Pedro! (y)
    Yes, additional highlights on horsehair will help with the contrast. Maybe the light and the backdrop washed them a little bit. Maybe changing the background with a dark blue or dark grey, will help.
    A wet autumn groundwork, I think, will add to the dark atmosphere.
    Excellent work! Will follow closely!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    i would add more highlight on the horse. it seems the same color all over. The "fringes" above the hoves can also have more definition in the shade.
    Maybe some white on the reins into the highest points.
    But again, its definetly outstanding paintwork, that i follow with great interest.
    Marc
  3. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi all!!

I spent part of this day working again on this figure... I focused on painting the cape. So right now it's almost done... maybe I'll do some lines of the stitching.
    It's highly worned out and weathered just like I first imagined it... hope you like it!

roamingknight44.jpg roamingknight45.jpg roamingknight46.jpg roamingknight47.jpg

Regards
    Pedro
    dArtagnan, zernina, Richie and 6 others like this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    great work

marc
  5. Ferris A Fixture

Gee Pedro, you are REALLY getting good at this!
    What a wonderful figure you made him.

If you're still open to suggestions about the groundwork I'd suggest one with snow to give high contrast with the dark tones of the figure. Maybe this focuses attention the figure. But whatever you'll choose, the figure looks perfect!

Adrian
  6. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Looks fantastic, Pedro, but the last two photos are a bit blurred, the focul is in the horse, and not in the rider.
    I´m thinking to buy this figure to paint it for long, but I´m not sure about the resistance of the horse´s legs with all the weigh.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
  7. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    I like it , beautifully painted , love the dark colour of the cape ...
  8. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank You Marc, Adrian, Eduardo and Ubbi for the comments. Glad you liked it.

Adrian, thanks for the suggestion, and I will keep it in mind.

Eduardo, you're right, the photos aren't very good... sorry for that. About the legs resistance I must say that nothing happened so far... still in the right place.
    I put some metal pins on the horse, in a way that even without being glued it standed in place without falling...which I think gives more strengh to all the structure.
    Also used lot's of epoxy inside de horse... I think that shouldn't be a problem...

Regards
    Pedro
    Edorta likes this.
  9. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Pedro
    This looks absolutely first class , are you sure you didn't use oils on the horse :whistle:

Ron
  10. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Ahahah Thank You Ron... I'm absolutily sure ;) I don't even have oils.

Regards
    Pedro
  11. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    OK Pedro, I'm really starting to hate you:mad:;)
    This piece is turning out frigging awesome!!! I love the purple (violet?) The horse looks great, the weathered cloak is right on... What else can I say, my friend?
    You nailed it!!!

Great job (I still hate you;))... Well done

Colin
  12. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank You Colin for the nice comment ... at least the good part of it ;) I should quote something like "Don't give in to hate. It leads to the Dark Side" ;) If you are a Star Wars fan you undestand :)

Regards
    Pedro
  13. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I am President of the Toronto Chapter of The Dark Side.

All joking aside, you are doing a great job on the last couple of figures... I will have to deal with my petty jealousy on my own :unsure:

Keep up the fantastic work and keep improving

Colin
  14. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Very, very nice work, Pedro! Comes together very well! (y)
    What's the plan? Are you going to weather the cape? Whatever you will decide, I'm sure it will turn, at the end, in a great figurine.
    Keep us posted!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  15. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looking very nice now Pedro.
    Congratulations,
    Carl.(y)
  16. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thanks Zeno and Carl for stopping by.

Carl, I think that the cape is weathered enough... since I began with a lot more darker grey...

Reagrds
    Pedro
  17. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Thank you for your tip, Pedro.:)

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
    Aveleira likes this.
  18. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    The tattered and weathered cape is a great idea(y)! Looks awesome.
    Cheers, Martin
  19. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello!!

I bring fresh news on this piece.... I've some time away form it, but I got at it and it's almost done now! Terrain is already done, or at least almost done... Let's see what you have to say.
    roamingknight48.jpg roamingknight49.jpg roamingknight50.jpg

Regards
    Pedro
    zernina, harrytheheid, Richie and 4 others like this.
  20. Edorta A Fixture

Spain