1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Roaming Knight Xv 75mm Pegaso

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Aveleira, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    After some busy time a got a little time to do something else on this figure... not much, but better than nothing...
    Today I've been around the horse hair...something that I was a little afraid to do, but so far it's allright, and I'm satisfied with the result.
    To the pics:

roamingknight27.jpg roamingknight28.jpg roamingknight29.jpg roamingknight30.jpg roamingknight31.jpg roamingknight32.jpg

Regards
    Pedro
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  2. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looking good... you just gotta dig in and do it!

Keep going my friend!

Colin
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Another great addition Pedro,looking forward to the progress on this one :)
  4. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank You Colin and Marquis for you comments, always very kind!
    Just would like your opinion on the painting of the face, I'm very critique on my work on skin.....never completely satisfied... This time I tried to go to a more cartacci style of painting the face. Tha 3rd pic has less light, but it may be the more accurate to how it really is... I'm not sure if the colour of the hair is gonna be this reddish... I tried blond first, but I think this may be the best option, thats why it seems is has some shadows and lights.
    What do you say??

roamingknight33.jpg roamingknight34.jpg roamingknight35.jpg

Best Regards
    Pedro
  5. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Aveleira likes this.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I really like what you have done with the horse. Looks very good.
    The face looks oke to me. Nice scarf.

Marc
    Aveleira likes this.
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I'd say this face is your best so far... very natural looking with very smooth transitions from highs to lows. The scar looks really cool too. The "strawberry blonde" is spot on... I find most attempts at blonde end up looking too "yellow", this shade seems far more natural.

Great work to this point, keep it up my friend

Colin
    Aveleira likes this.
  8. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank you Eduardo, Marc and Colin ;)

Colin, I think it may be my best face also, the model helps a lot, ,very good details. About the hair I think this is the best option because of the skin tones. By now it's already painted. Very simple to achieve: burnt umber and orange, for highlights a little yellow with the orange. For me it's quite difficult to see this type of hair in real people.... Most people here in Portugal are burnett, very rare to see sech hair colour, so I it's quite difficult to see if it's correct with reallity.

I think the scar gives him an even more badass personality ;)

Regards
    Pedro
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  9. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Ok mates, this is how the overall work is right now!! I'm really happy with the result! It's the first time since I started the paint work that I join the two pieces to have a look...
    It all goes together nicely. Hope you like it!!!

roamingknight36.jpg

Hope you like it! Leave a comment!

Best Regards
    Pedro
    NickM, Martin64 and ChaosCossack like this.
  10. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    A nice and clean paintjob. The colors seem to be well chosen like hair of the rider and color of the horse or the colored leather. Well done so far!
    All the best! Martin
  11. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    is looking good so far, I guess you need to add more contrast on metals, more lights, also more work on hair and eywbrowns, for the rest is a good looking figure
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work.
    I believe everything is basecoated. Otherwise I agree with Ernesto that you have to paint alot more contrast.

Marc
  13. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi!

Hope you all had a great Christmas! I had, specially cause I had time to work on my current figure... Right now is almost done... just some pieces left for fix and paint. The bigger part now is the Cape...already in place and waiting for me to have some time to paint it. Of course the base will be the last thing... Depending on the base some other wheathering and dusting might be done in the figure. BTW, I would like your opinion on the base... I go for autumn or winter terrain?? Some metals maybe be later on reworked... there are some final things that need to be arranged... Anyway to the pics:

roamingknight38.jpg roamingknight39.jpg roamingknight40.jpg roamingknight41.jpg roamingknight42.jpg roamingknight43.jpg

Hope you liked it. Comments are more then welcome ;)

Regards
    Pedro
    tiberius57 and jerry like this.
  14. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    i think this figure has to be very amusing to paint..and you are going great for sure..i like the colours choice and the metal effects are very well done as is the painting of the horse, how do you think to paint the cape, in white ? For the terrain i would go for the autumn pattern..
    cheers
    stefano
  15. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Stefano,
    thank you for your kind comment and suggestion for terrain ;)

The cape will be dark...near black, but very weathered...not far from the original art box I hope.

Regards
    Pedro
  16. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Pedro, what a great work on this one.
    I like your choice of hair color ,to me looks very realistic.
    i will have to agree with Ernest about the horse hair,perhaps a little bit more highlights to add contrast.
    great stuff as usual with your figures.
    :)
  17. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank you Marquis for the comment ;)
    I may try to add more constrast...but I'm always afraid to do it in order do avoid possible strong constrasts...since it is to be dark...not grey...but I will take that in mind ;)

Regards my friend
    Pedro
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work.
    Maybe a bit more into the highlight's to ad more contrast.

marc
  19. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank you Marc for comment ;) Highlights in what specifically?

Regards
    Pedro
  20. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I think Marc refers to the lights on the horse hair.
    I like the cape in white,i am sure you will make a wonderful piece on this figure,very interesting by the way.
    saludos