1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

RND Dio part2 - Naval figures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by DaveCox, May 24, 2006.

1. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Here are the last two figures for Dan's WW1 diorama. Both are painted in oils over acrylics, but are still waiting for a final sealing coat with Vallejo matt varnish - this will protect the paint whilst in transit or being handled!

Attached Files:

2. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    another view

Attached Files:

3. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Next figure

Attached Files:

4. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Another view

Attached Files:

5. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
  6. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks a promising dio Dave!
    keep up
    christos
  7. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks guys.
    The finished dio won't be seen until Dan gets all the parts back in the US, but I reckon it'll be an effective piece when the figures are reunited with the roadway and gaslamp!
  8. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Dave
    Nice Job

I love the marine soldier :) but they are looked at very rarely

MAB
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Dave - My first opportunity to see these figures and they look fantastic! When it's all together this is going to look terrific, my friend. But a green "British warm" great coat? I've not seen one. Did the RN issue that color? All the ones I've seen are tan - light brown.

All the best,
    Dan
  10. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Dan,
    They varied in colour between brown/green and tan/brown when first issued, depending on how long they'd been in (often damp) storage etc. If you prefer it in brown I can repaint it without too much problem. This way it contrasts more with the webbing etc on the other figures.

Your call mate.
  11. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    No - leave it that way, Dave. Good idea for the paint contrast. As I said, I've just never seen one illustrated in any green color and didn't know they were made in green.

All the best,
    Dan