1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

RLI This is Africa

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by specmod, Nov 9, 2008.

1. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Hello to you all, here is my latest and first full figure conversion, which was both a challenge and a joy. I learnt alot of new techniques during this.
    It was originally a modern French Legionaire, but l have taken all the details off, changed the arms and hands and added a new head from Hornet, GPMG from AFV Club and webbing equipment from Verlinden.
    I dont know the actual manufacturer of this figure as it was given to me in a small unmarked box from a friend.
    So far so good l am happy with it, and will post more pics when all finished and on a base. Comments welcome.
    Cheers Andrew

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andrew,

He looks great mate. Will he eventually be a Selous Scout?
  3. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Nice start!

A straight up and down figure, lots of potential for the character to come though....

takes me back to my youth, reading 'Elite" magazine, wishing.....

looking forward to the ongoing project!
    cheers
  4. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    always nice to change and add thinks yourself
  5. Mark S Guest

Hi Andrew,
    That left index finger is way too long.:confused:

Only kidding, looks good!:D
  6. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Hey Stiff, howfunny is that, l never even realised when l took the pic.
    For those who never picked it, check it out, when l took the pic it just happened to be in perfect allighnment with the bayonete and hence, looks like the longest and baddest looking finger you ever saw.
    Cheers Andrew
  7. Stretch New Member

United-States
    I bet his legs at least are from the Academy French Foreign Legion kit, specifically the black Legionaire in Djibouti standing with his hands behind his back (this is 1/35 scale, right?). I'm currently working on the Legionaire in Indochina. The faces of that kit are excellent, the hands less so; there are plenty of weapons and I also like to use the body parts in conversions. In fact, I've been thinking of using the same pair of legs for a project of my own. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one interested in little known post 1945 conflicts; one project of mine (currently on hold) is a Rhodesian African Rifleman with an FN machinegun which will be spotted with green paint--I thought that was an interesting and unusual camoflage practice. I admire your excellent animation. Keep up the good work!
  8. Argyll Member

Scotland
    The legs look like they were from a white metal figure from 20 odd years ago, I can't remember who done these, but they had several FFL figutes of that time, may even have been Chota Sahib, they also done a range of British Figures with different heads, I have the same figure in the attic somewhere.

IIRC there was a figure of the FFL in Beirut/Lebannon, one in ceremonial Dress, with White Kepi, and the guy in the sorts...
  9. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Yes, I think it is Chota Sahib.
    I painted this figure many years ago and remember that weared a beret, sun glasses and a FAMAS. Very cool.
    I have the kit of IIRC and has a lot of potential...
  10. Argyll Member

Scotland
    Yep, that's the one, now I need to dig that one out, and clean him up, and start again..