1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Rifles Bugler commission - finished!

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Windy, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Windy Active Member

England
    This is by far the largest figure I've ever painted, and my first ever commission too! A mate at work was presented the figure a few years ago and asked if I could paint it up for him. Quite a rough casting but it scrubbed up ok in the end.

Comments and criticism welcome!

Windy

DSC_0190.JPG DSC_0189.JPG
    MCPWilk, Old Pete, blaster and 5 others like this.
  2. mick3272 A Fixture

You should be pleased with him Windy.
    He looks good.
    Mick
  3. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Very well done.
    These types of statuettes do not lend themselves to painting readily but you have got him smack on Windy.
    Nice one
    Keith
  4. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Windy, he should love this one. Well done.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Windy

Nice finish mate ...looks a biggy .....like the rifle green and not a medal anywhere ..lol

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  6. Windy Active Member

England
    Thanks guys. He turned out better than I had hoped. I have to admit that my heart sank when I saw how crude the sculpt was!

Kev, he's a Corporal so I did think about giving him at least an OSM but sadly the bugle cords across his chest are in the way. Having said that it's not unusual to see even full screws without a medal. Something unheard of a couple of years ago!
    napoleonpeart likes this.