Richard the Lionheart

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Kaws, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Kaws Well-Known Member

Russian-Federation
    Good day to all!
    This is my second sculpture of a horseman. This time, the choice fell on Richard the Lionheart, king of England, son of King of England Henry II and Duchess Alienora of Aquitaine.
    111.-GettyImages-451820463-fcb893b-e1566982152867.jpg
    One of the most famous crusaders, spent most of his rule outside England in the Crusades and other wars, became famous as an outstanding commander; however, at the same time, in fact, the country in his absence was ruled by his mother and brother John.
    seal2.jpg
    On March 26, 1199, during the siege of Ademar V castle of Limoges алaliu-Chabrolles in Limousin, Richard was wounded in the neck with a crossbow bolt by the French knight Pierre Bazil and died on April 6 from blood poisoning in the arms of his 77-year-old mother Alienora.
    75mm, specially for Medieval Forge Miniatures
    The figure has 3 variants of the head: In a helmet, tophelm, and without a helmet in a chain mail top and with a crown.
    There are also two options for hands and weapons.
    DSC_0573.jpg
    DSC_0563.jpg DSC_0564.jpg DSC_0565.jpg DSC_0566.jpg DSC_0567.jpg DSC_0568.jpg DSC_0569.jpg DSC_0570.jpg DSC_0571.jpg DSC_0572.jpg
    DSC_0575а.jpg DSC_0578.jpg

2. gerryj199 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    This is magnificent! Congratulations on a wonderful sculpt.

I'm sure is will look even more spectacular when painted.
    Gerry
  3. Oda A Fixture

This is one of the best releases Medieval Forge has planned for this year (December).Sensational sculpting work.

Oda.
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is superb. I would love to see one of these in 90mm or 120mm. I have the Hart's Models 120mm mounted Richard and would love to produce this in resin, but don't have access to the master.

Richard must have had a great PR team. As you say he was out of the country for most of his reign, but has maintained a high reputation, possibly because he was followed by his younger brother, a disastrous king.

Mike
  5. Kaws Well-Known Member

Russian-Federation
    Many thanks All!
  6. Medieval Forge Miniatures A Fixture

Russian-Federation
  7. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    A superb figure.
  8. Kaws Well-Known Member

Russian-Federation
  9. Gary_81 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    That is just beautiful and a must have for me.

Gary
  10. daniel Well-Known Member

France
    Superbe ... Qui va faire la box art ?