1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Richard the Lionheart by PANZERART

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Sergey Popovichenko, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Good day everyone! Yesterday I received a parcel with two 75mm figures from a new series from the Polish company PANZERART
    https://panzerart.pl/
    https://www.facebook.com/PANZERART-274293822652780
    The sculptor of the entire series is Vladimir Sychev. https://www.puttyandpaint.com/Sychev
    The review is also freely available on my patreon.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/61843845

Please note that each photo is clickable and can be enlarged up to 1500 in height. On my Patreon you can download the photo archive if you need.

The first figurines were Richard the Lionheart and a knight for the 13th century (75mm). At the moment, Vladimir has probably modeled about ten figures, but the manufacturer has released only the first two.
    Richard appears before us in the form of a knight at the end of the 12th, beginning of the 13th century. This period is characterized by long robes under armor, long drop-shaped shields. The sculpture echoes the depiction of Richard on the seals.
    images.jpg richard-i-891157-641199-king-of-england-661189-391199-equestrian-half-BHKBNK.jpg
    The packaging is compact and strong enough. Details packed in plastic bags are sealed with a syntapon pad.
    DSC00321.JPG DSC00323.JPG DSC00324.JPG DSC00325.JPG
    All figurine stands of the series will be round in shape, of the same diameter and equipped with a patterned decorative frame.
    DSC00326.JPG
    Two heads are included - with an open face and with a helmet. There is a crest for the helmet, repeating the image on Richard's seals.

DSC00327.JPG DSC00328.JPG DSC00329.JPG
    If we talk about the sculpture, it is of excellent quality. Vladimir Sychev, as always, embodies the images of historical characters with decent accuracy. The poses are lively, the detail and clarity of the sculpture are at their best. It is worth noting that the chain mail of all the figures of Vladimir is not made with the help of software textures, which are usually covered with a figure, like a sweater, as a result of which the rings are not clear, float and stretch. No. Vladimir each time "weaves" and lays out chain mail from hundreds and thousands of single rings. At the same time, in each subsequent figure, the experience of the previous one and the result of printing and casting are taken into account. The rings increase slightly, the nature of the weave changes slightly for better detail in print and at low tide.

DSC00330.JPG DSC00331.JPG DSC00332.JPG DSC00333.JPG DSC00334.JPG DSC00335.JPG DSC00336.JPG DSC00337.JPG DSC00338.JPG DSC00339.JPG
    Long-brimmed robes, thanks to competent division, look embossed and voluminous.
    The fit of parts is excellent. Processing before assembly will require minimal - removal of sprues and seams of the joint of the form, which will still have to be looked for.
    In general - work for 12 points on a 10-point scale.

19__sized.jpg 11__sized.jpg 23__sized.jpg 24__sized.jpg
    lievenwynants, NeilW, Helm and 14 others like this.
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely figure of a popular subject. The base is very nice and I like the outlining of the heraldry lions on the shield & tunic, which gives those of us who lack the skill to paint freehand patterns in perfect symmetry a chance to make a decent fist of it. High-quality sculpting & casting and a sensible parts breakdown make this one for the list. Thanks for the review!

- Steve
  3. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Good review. Thanks for posting that, very nice figure.

Steve
  4. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Very useful review Sergey, on what looks to be an excellent sculpt. Many thanks!

Phil
  5. Banjer A Fixture

England
    A very nice figure, well sculpted. Scale is not mentioned, but this is 75mm.

Bill
  6. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Thanks!
    Yes Bill. 75mm. I fixit.
    OldTaff and Vladimir Sychev like this.
  7. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A suberbly posed and detailed figure.

Mike
  8. Vladimir Sychev Well-Known Member

Russian-Federation
    @Sergey Popovichenko, thank you for reviewing the figure.
    Sergey Popovichenko likes this.
  9. Ruediger New Member

Germany
    One other new model from Vladimir also amazing is the mounted 54mm knight inspired by Hubert & Jan van Eycks Gent Altar 1432.
    All sculpts of him are absolutely finest. One aspect which i also like are the more 'not so stocky built' of the proportions,
    looking really elegant.